All Newly Declared Jets Fans

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
Lifelong jets fan here. Jets cubs and clones. I've been told I enjoy pain but the good times are well worth it. Super excited to have another reason to root for the gang.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
This sucks. There will probably be like 2 Jets games that you'll be able to watch in central Iowa all year unless you have Sunday Ticket. I know the Bears suck, but at least you can watch Montgomery play fairly often if you want.
When Tim Dwight got drafted by Atlanta one of the radio stations in Iowa City actually joined the Falcons radio network to carry all their games. I don’t remember if that lasted any longer than one year, but you could always pester your local station to sign on with the Jets network. :D

(Dwight was actually from Iowa City, so the situations are not the same)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This sucks. There will probably be like 2 Jets games that you'll be able to watch in central Iowa all year unless you have Sunday Ticket. I know the Bears suck, but at least you can watch Montgomery play fairly often if you want.

I’ve become more of a radio fan as I get older and busier. I can work or exercise outdoors at same time, for baseball I always mostly followed on radio. Sirius is hurting so bad you can talk them down to $5/month for package that has all pro and all college games. The varsity app already has most college games.

I’ve listened to tons of games of Cyclones in NBA whose teams are rarely on national tv. ISU fb and key bb games are the main thing I actually watch anymore.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I’ve become more of a radio fan as I get older and busier. I can work or exercise outdoors at same time, for baseball I always mostly followed on radio. Sirius is hurting so bad you can talk them down to $5/month for package that has all pro and all college games. The varsity app already has most college games.

I’ve listened to tons of games of Cyclones in NBA whose teams are rarely on national tv. ISU fb and key bb games are the main thing I actually watch anymore.
Not a bad idea. I'm the same. I listen to sports on the radio a lot now. Especially baseball. Who's got time to sit through a whole game of baseball very often, and it's so slow it's perfect for radio.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Heed Warning. As a Jets fan my whole life I wouldn’t put this fandom on my worst enemy. Haven’t made the playoffs in over a decade, Buffalo isn’t going anywhere and the Pats will turn it around soon enough.

That said, happy to have you aboard the forever sinking ship. I’ll buy you a shot to celebrate the first loss of the season. Wild Turkey is all you get.

I don't like your condescending tone toward the Turkey. WT 101 is all a man needs in his life (and all of the Master Keeps too).

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Me too...Bears have made the playoffs here and there but it's usually a pretty wobbly approach.

No matter what the Jets seem to be talked about nationally due to natural ratings/population so hopefully Hall gets some good pub in that way.
I’m a commanders fan….I know the wobbly approach getting in the playoffs only cause the division sucked and had no legitimate chance of winning that first game

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Not a bad idea. I'm the same. I listen to sports on the radio a lot now. Especially baseball. Who's got time to sit through a whole game of baseball very often, and it's so slow it's perfect for radio.

I told my wife I wanted to walk the dogs a few nights ago while in my head I was thinking… listen to 4th quarter of a playoff game Niang got big minutes in.

Back when I was in typical office some non sports fan coworkers actually liked the white noise of a cubs game…or so they told me.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
FWIW, I've seen the Jets win a Playoff Game in person.
@ Bengals in January 2010.
Let's Go Jets!

1651349273830.png

Reactions: NWICY

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Heed Warning. As a Jets fan my whole life I wouldn’t put this fandom on my worst enemy. Haven’t made the playoffs in over a decade, Buffalo isn’t going anywhere and the Pats will turn it around soon enough.

That said, happy to have you aboard the forever sinking ship. I’ll buy you a shot to celebrate the first loss of the season. Wild Turkey is all you get.
I have had this hat for years. (not worn out is it?) Joe Namath to Scott Frost and the Tuna. I have seen it all except for the Jets. They are not on much in the midwest on free TV.

Attachments

• Resized_20220430_080927_8243.jpeg
    Resized_20220430_080927_8243.jpeg
    669.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: NWICY

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

So you’re saying we will fit right in

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
You Jets and Bears fans stop whining already. You won a superbowl.

Try being a Vikings fan: It's like being invited into a Brothel with a sack of cash and still manage to not get any action.

Mar 21, 2021
You Jets and Bears fans stop whining already. You won a superbowl.

Try being a Vikings fan: It's like being invited into a Brothel with a sack of cash and still manage to not get any action.
...in Thailand...