All Iowa Football Team

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
To change the subject from Iowa fans laughing at sick people I'll go this route.

Interesting comment from Matthew Bain here on our newest commitment

TerryHoitz

Oct 5, 2015
To change the subject from Iowa fans laughing at sick people I'll go this route.

Interesting comment from Matthew Bain here on our newest commitment

Great get! His recruitment really picked up steam towards the end here... Maybe he'll get to go to a bowl game like Lazard did!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Great get! His recruitment really picked up steam towards the end of recruitment... Maybe he'll get to go to a bowl game like Lazard did!

Considering we have one of the best coaches in the country I think that's a safe bet. I'm guessing he'll even get to go South instead of North for bowl games too!

Reactions: GTO

TerryHoitz

Oct 5, 2015
Considering we have one of the best coaches in the country I think that's a safe bet. I'm guessing he'll even get to go South instead of North for bowl games too!
Knew I'd get you with that one.. Such a little man.

It is a good get though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because you have no idea if the kid is sick. You saying he's sick and inferring he may have some type of mental illness is pretty despicable. Kid deserves his privacy and some fans attributing his comments to mental illness is pretty low.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ama-trumps-all-else-football-field/740724001/

“Jacob is a great young man dealing with some personal medical concerns,” coach Matt Campbell said in the statement. “We are committed to helping him cope, supporting him on all levels and helping him prepare to get back on the playing field with his teammates as soon as possible.”

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Because you have no idea if the kid is sick. You saying he's sick and inferring he may have some type of mental illness is pretty despicable. Kid deserves his privacy and some fans attributing his comments to mental illness is pretty low.
I never realized that trying to provide sympathy for possible problems is "pretty low". Park is mostly positive through the end of the regular season, then what seems like overnight, leaves the team while placing blame on the fans/staff and more-or-less admits to medicating his (on and off the field) stress (and other issues of some sort?) with drugs. Does that sound like a healthy person to you?

If the kid has issues, I would want him to accept those issues and get the help he needs. These actions don't add up as things a normal, healthy person would do.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Campbell said the Cyclones "had a plan in place to help" Park.

"There’s been multiple people and sources put around Jacob to get healthy and get himself back on the football team," Campbell said. "Everybody’s been in constant communication on his health and his status."

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ama-trumps-all-else-football-field/740724001/

“Jacob is a great young man dealing with some personal medical concerns,” coach Matt Campbell said in the statement. “We are committed to helping him cope, supporting him on all levels and helping him prepare to get back on the playing field with his teammates as soon as possible.”
Okay. Still don't think attributing his comments to "mental illness" is valid......and that's what some fans have done since he made them.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I never realized that trying to provide sympathy for possible problems is "pretty low". Park is mostly positive through the end of the regular season, then what seems like overnight, leaves the team while placing blame on the fans/staff and more-or-less admits to medicating his (on and off the field) stress (and other issues of some sort?) with drugs. Does that sound like a healthy person to you?

If the kid has issues, I would want him to accept those issues and get the help he needs. These actions don't add up as things a normal, healthy person would do.
Seems reasonable.....

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

“As far as I’m concerned, I’m no longer on the team,” Park said. “I haven’t been communicated to by anyone on the team. I haven’t talked to coach Campbell since the second week I was gone. (I’m) just kind of now taking my own steps to make sure my future’s OK."

Help Support Us

Become a patron