All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought about Hutchinson too, but he is not quite at that Butler, Lazard level yet. Forgot about Jackson. He is a good one. ISU looks good on paper. Time to see if they live up to it on expectations. I think they got a good shot.
Hutchinson was the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year and was first team All Big 12

Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I thought he was just referring to an alpha type WR not necessarily a super tall WR
He certainly could’ve been. And if he was, then yes, Hutch is an alpha and will be even better next year. Not to the level as Butler or Allen but I think he gets at least close to their level next year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He certainly could’ve been. And if he was, then yes, Hutch is an alpha and will be even better next year. Not to the level as Butler or Allen but I think he gets at least close to their level next year.
He mentioned Blythe and Hutchinson is as good if not better than he was. I don't think Blythe was first team All Conference until his senior year. There's a reason Oklahoma wanted Hutchinson so badly

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I think Hutchinson is better than Butler. Very different types of receivers, but after game 1, Hutchinson made tough catches in traffic with great consistency and was a great run after catch guy.

The Butler big plays were great, but way too many drops, and I'm not sure I've seen a guy be so bad at being obvious in running pick routes and getting flagged for it.

Reactions: Statefan10

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Isn’t it just crazy to see both Iowa and ISU in the top 15. If both teams take care of business week 1, I think Gameday will be in Ames.

Both seem too high. Both teams have decent starters at several positions, but the depth is not there for either. That is the is the difference most of the top teams take advantage of, stacking 4 star kids on the bench. Iowa has a bunch of 2/3 stars on the bench and ISU is worse than that. Like ISU to go 8-4; IA 10-2. Toss up game in Ames, but ISU is definitely due. Should be a good game.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Both seem too high. Both teams have decent starters at several positions, but the depth is not there for either. That is the is the difference most of the top teams take advantage of, stacking 4 star kids on the bench. Iowa has a bunch of 2/3 stars on the bench and ISU is worse than that. Like ISU to go 8-4; IA 10-2. Toss up game in Ames, but ISU is definitely due. Should be a good game.

ISU’s backup QB, RB, and WR are all 4 stars.... But hey at least you tried.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State's roster is basically the definition of depth this upcoming year

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
ISU’s backup QB, RB, and WR are all 4 stars.... But hey at least you tried.

Got any 4 star linemen on the bench, specifically DL? What about the special teams guys? It is not a knock on ISU, there are only about 10 teams that recruit like that. Its why when I watch the NC game every year I am reminded how unlikely it is to ever get there. Remember when Michigan State got in over Iowa several years ago? MSU had a good team, got absolutely manhandled by Alabama. That is the difference.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Got any 4 star linemen on the bench, specifically DL? What about the special teams guys? It is not a knock on ISU, there are only about 10 teams that recruit like that. Its why when I watch the NC game every year I am reminded how unlikely it is to ever get there. Remember when Michigan State got in over Iowa several years ago? MSU had a good team, got absolutely manhandled by Alabama. That is the difference.
Is anyone saying Iowa State is going to beat Alabama?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know we’re all speculating as we’re months away from playing the game.. But you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Lol you have no idea the depth at Iowa State on both sides of the ball. Almost every single media outlet has us pegged as top 10 to start the year and play in / even win the Big 12 this year.

Every single thing you said above is based on pure bias.

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know we’re all speculating as we’re months away from playing the game.. But you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Lol you have no idea the depth at Iowa State on both sides of the ball. Almost every single media outlet has us pegged as top 10 to start the year and play in / even win the Big 12 this year.

Every single thing you said above is based on pure bias.
We have what, 8 OL that have starting experience and a redshirt freshman competing for a spot with the 1s lol

Help Support Us

Become a patron