All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If Petras plays at Stanley level last year and the defense doesn't take a dip, they are pretty successful. If the defense takes a dip (which I think it does) Petras has to play much better than Stanley did

Agree 100%. Have no idea what to expect this year. Covid, interesting offseason, new QB. Iowa could go 9-1 or 3-6 and everything in between. I think anything could be in play.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Not at all. I think Stanley was more of a project than Petras is. Petras seems to be a natural QB and Stanley always seemed to be a work in progress. I thought Stanley turned out to be pretty good. Stanley's problem wasn't decision making, it was his touch on deep throws.
Agreed on the decision making. I think he only made bad decisions when he tried to press (duh I know, that's almost every QB) which luckily for him it didn't seem in his nature to try and press much. Maybe that was circumstance idk, but when or if he did press it normally didn't end well.

Interesting on the Stanley vs Petras thing though. I don't remember Stanley as a recruit so I will take your word for the comparison

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Agree 100%. Have no idea what to expect this year. Covid, interesting offseason, new QB. Iowa could go 9-1 or 3-6 and everything in between. I think anything could be in play.
Regardless what happens, I think for yourself as an Iowa fan, just try and be happy that you get to see your team (hopefully) play 8 games. It may be tough if they take a dip and I absolutely will be here to give your fan base crap, but hey, at least they took the field and it's a great feeling to watch your team play

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Regardless what happens, I think for yourself as an Iowa fan, just try and be happy that you get to see your team (hopefully) play 8 games. It may be tough if they take a dip and I absolutely will be here to give your fan base crap, but hey, at least they took the field and it's a great feeling to watch your team play

Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath that the Big 10 will finish the season with their very strict Covid policy, but I guess we will see and any Hawk football is better than none.

Reactions: SouthernCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Petras plays at Stanley level last year and the defense doesn't take a dip, they are pretty successful. If the defense takes a dip (which I think it does) Petras has to play much better than Stanley did
I don't think Petras will be worse than Stanley will he?

Iowa's defense will take a step back

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So, the same thing as Stanley. Had all the tools but never took the step to become elite and had questionable decision making at times

Stanley’s biggest issue was consistency. He had games where he looked like a legit NFL QB and games where he struggled mightily.

All indications are that Petras is more accurate than Stanley was. Hopefully that leads to a little more consistency at the position. KF’s first year QBs have historically been pretty good, so I’m pretty optimistic that Petras will have a good season.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What is the word on "Deuce"? I don't know if any of you know this but Georgia wanted him so bad they were going to fly a helicopter into see him. If he is that good he should be getting a look at as a starter?

• Haha
Reactions: Brandon

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What is the word on "Deuce"? I don't know if any of you know this but Georgia wanted him so bad they were going to fly a helicopter into see him. If he is that good he should be getting a look at as a starter?
Accuracy issues I've heard. Third stringer currently. Not trolling but it's not a QB room they're overly excited about

• Haha
Reactions: 1776 and iahawks

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I thought last year Hall was a little better, but granted had more playing time and opportunities. He has clearly taken a huge step forward. Will see if Goodson has done the same, but it is going to be very hard to match what Hall has done.
You are not doing this right. Please stop being reasonable.