All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I noticed that KF singled out LaPorta as a player who has been impressive this offseason and in practice so far. I’ve heard that he’s been outstanding in practice.

Pretty encouraging that Iowa has so many young players standing out right now (LaPorta, Jack Campbell, Jestin Jacobs, Justin Britt, Julius Brents, etc.).

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So the Big 12 just has much better skill position players?
I don't know the numbers but it just seems to me like the Big 10 just puts quite a few more players into the NFL. Maybe there is a position or 2 where the BIG 12 does better with that? WR may be 1 of them?

Last edited:

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I noticed that KF singled out LaPorta as a player who has been impressive this offseason and in practice so far. I’ve heard that he’s been outstanding in practice.

Pretty encouraging that Iowa has so many young players standing out right now (LaPorta, Jack Campbell, Jestin Jacobs, Justin Britt, Julius Brents, etc.).

How are those players “standing out”?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't know the numbers but it just seems to me like the Big 10 just puts quite a few more players into the NFL. Maybe there is a position or 2 where the BIG 12 does better with that? WR may be 1 of them?
So the Big 12 is better at one position and that's why they're so much better offensively? Lol that adds up

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020

Brents is going to be a monster. If LaPorta goes off this year and gets some recognition, I feel like recruits are really going to start to take notice.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins and CyPunch

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
So the Big 12 is better at one position and that's why they're so much better offensively? Lol that adds up
That and the following
OU defense
TT defense
KU defense
TX defense
Ok St defense
WVU defense
That certainly helps offenses put up points.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So if you use this as the case, Nate Stanley played great against ISU this past year (which he didn’t) when he had the play of the game in the QB sneak for the TD. Well maybe it wasn’t the play of the game, but it was still big.

Linderbaum had the play of the game when he pancaked Lima three yards into the end zone on that play.

• Haha
Reactions: CyTwins