All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No he didn't. Allen was second team All Conference. LaPorta was nothing in an offensive optional conference

Allen was 2nd team with 167 yards receiving? LOL, that wouldn't even be 2nd team all Sun Belt. Good thing he plays in the big12

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just see a whole lot of meh. IMO Hockenson was a much better blocker.
Hockenson was a stud. Elite college football player. Allen is a very good college football player. I'm not sure what your guys beef with him is he's not even our best TE

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No he didn't. Allen was second team All Conference. LaPorta was nothing in an offensive optional conference

LaPorta faces real defenses and still outproduced Allen in a defense optional league in nearly 1/2 as many games.

You can keep bashing him though, you did bash Hockenson and Fant and claim Allen was better than them as well.

Two tight ends and the third team all conference and no team all conference performers get on there but the second team all conference guy is left off. Lol!

Even Benji (who listed Fant and Hock as the best TE's) understands football better than you. You were trying to say Allen would be better than Fant and Hock, because Allen was "2nd team all conference". LOLOLOLOL. You've been looking stupid running this troll for year, but you just keep on doing it.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
LaPorta faces real defenses and still outproduced Allen in a defense optional league in nearly 1/2 as many games.

You can keep bashing him though, you did bash Hockenson and Fant and claim Allen was better than them as well.

Even Benji (who listed Fant and Hock as the best TE's) understands football better than you. You were trying to say Allen would be better than Fant and Hock, because Allen was "2nd team all conference". LOLOLOLOL. You've been looking stupid running this troll for year, but you just keep on doing it.

I would contend that 180ish yards and 0 TDs isn’t outproducing 160ish yards and 2 TDs. I think general consensus would say Allen had, though very slightly, more production.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I would contend that 180ish yards and 0 TDs isn’t outproducing 160ish yards and 2 TDs. I think general consensus would say Allen had, though very slightly, more production.

Allen played in 4 more games.

LaPorta is the better player and that will become painfully obvious this year since he will be playing now.

Think about this @CyTwins has tried to claim that a 2nd team all conference Allen is > Fant > Hockenson, and he will get it wrong again for the 3rd time in > LaPorta. He has run this exact same troll now for several years, and it has always been dumb, and continues to be dumb.

• Disagree
Reactions: Shawker and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

LaPorta is the better player and that will become painfully obvious this year since he will be playing now.

Think about this @CyTwins has tried to claim that a 2nd team all conference Allen is > Fant > Hockenson, and he will get it wrong again for the 3rd time in > LaPorta. He has run this exact same troll now for several years, and it has always been dumb, and continues to be dumb.

I said Allen was better than Fant and Hockenson?

I love the argument is now if Iowa's starting TE is as good as our backup lol

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Read your post. You didn’t claim LaPorta did better per game, you claimed he outperformed him despite playing less games. Which is inaccurate. I obviously can’t say who will have a better season this year because that is in the future.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I said Allen was better than Fant and Hockenson?

I love the argument is now if Iowa's starting TE is as good as our backup lol

Benji listed Fant and Hock on the all iowa team and you mocked him saying Allen was 2nd team all conference Fant was 3rd team and Hock was nothing.

Kolar is good, and I'd bet LaPorta by the time he is done at Iowa will be a higher NFL draft pick. Yet for this year Kolar is better.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Benji listed Fant and Hock on the all iowa team and you mocked him saying Allen was 2nd team all conference Fant was 3rd team and Hock was nothing.

Kolar is good, and I'd bet LaPorta by the time he is done at Iowa will be a higher NFL draft pick. Yet for this year Kolar is better.

Man I just don't understand the LaPorta hype at all. Low level recruit, no accolades and no production. Maybe you'll end up being right but I bet he gets passed up on the depth chart

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I will take that bet, how much?

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Man I just don't understand the LaPorta hype at all. Low level recruit, no accolades and no production. Maybe you'll end up being right but I bet he gets passed up on the depth chart
This could happen with all the talent on the roster but I doubt it. I think you will see up to 4 TE’s used this year.