All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
With the Big 10 and Pac12 not playing, how much does everyone think that impacts them moving forward (assuming the season still gets played, I personally think it does)? I think for schools at the top like OSU, Michigan, Penn State it doesn't hurt them as much as a school like Iowa, Illinois, etc. A loss of all that money and on top of the racial issues the hawks could be headed for trouble in the future. Thoughts?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With the Big 10 and Pac12 not playing, how much does everyone think that impacts them moving forward (assuming the season still gets played, I personally think it does)? I think for schools at the top like OSU, Michigan, Penn State it doesn't hurt them as much as a school like Iowa, Illinois, etc. A loss of all that money and on top of the racial issues the hawks could be headed for trouble in the future. Thoughts?
If the fall season gets played, it will hurt those schools, yes. It will even hurt the big ones, at least for a little bit.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
For reference, in the 27 conference games Iowa has played the past 3 years, they've given up 528 points. That's 19.56 ppg. Iowa State is giving up 23.33 ppg.

The past 3 seasons in conference play, Iowa State's played on average, a team ranked 50th in ppg. Iowa's played a team ranked 68.

All this does is bring in the classic debate that the Big 12 doesn't play defense outside of a few teams and the Big 10 doesn't play offense outside of a few teams.
The better question is how many confirmed incidences of racial discrimination for ISU?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Well hello there.

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
If the fall season gets played, it will hurt those schools, yes. It will even hurt the big ones, at least for a little bit.
I'm thinking it won't hurt them as much as you think. They have large boosters and will be able to navigate recruiting without having played

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I mean even you will admit our TE room is the best in the country and that was before the two irrelevant conferences dropped out
Yes your TE room is better. How many ISU TE’s are in the NFL? How many have won awards? How many have been first round picks? Iowa is TEU and the facts and experts support it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron