SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
giphy.gif
Ultimate wave the white flag

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yeah, you don't want to answer that one. Makes a conference look better when most of the noncons are low level teams or 1AAs. Then you can squeak (like Minny did) by them and look good when you hit your weaker conference.
It's not really a debatable point. The AP takes care of that for us. Want to throw out the AP and use another poll? Find one that doesn't have 3 BIG 10 West teams ranked ahead of the first 3 BIG 12 teams. This argument is old.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yeah, you don't want to answer that one. Makes a conference look better when most of the noncons are low level teams or 1AAs. Then you can squeak (like Minny did) by them and look good when you hit your weaker conference.
Minnesota sucked early with a weak schedule but they beat Penn St and Auburn so I guess that counted as something.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's not really a debatable point. The AP takes care of that for us. Want to throw out the AP and use another poll? Find one that doesn't have 3 BIG 10 West teams ranked ahead of the first 3 BIG 12 teams. This argument is old.

Either you struggle to comprehend, or you really are wanting to deflect.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no idea who they played or care.

You seem to rattle off our schedule back ten or fifteen years but you have no idea who PSU played last year? Using a conference opponent as a team that MN played during the regular season kinda strengthens my point.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Could you imagine Purdy against their defense this year? He would absolutely shred them. He'd have that stadium as quite as it's going to be now that there is a pandemic and limited fans

Would be interesting to see how Purdy would respond to playing against our 1st team DBs instead of our 2nd and 3rd teamers like he did last year. Not saying he'd make another crucial fumble or slip when trying to run the ball, miss his wide open TE in the end zone, or throw it directly to our safety on a huge 4th down like he did last year. I'm sure he'd bounce back. And I do think he would've benefited from not having to contend with a hostile crowd there.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You seem to rattle off our schedule back ten or fifteen years but you have no idea who PSU played last year? Using a conference opponent as a team that MN played during the regular season kinda strengthens my point.
Minnesota finished the year ranked 10th and was 11-2. I don't like them but they did. Sounds like your issue is with the AP. Take it up with them.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Minnesota and Iowa will be worse than last year. Everyone else sucks

Bucky is going to be the same they always have been.

Iowa starts a new QB but has better skills players than previous years

Minny losses their #1 and #2 receivers, #1 RB and their play maker on defense and special teams. They are going to really fall back

No one else in the is even worth mentioning unless Rondale Moore can return to 2018 levels

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Bucky is going to be the same they always have been.

Iowa starts a new QB but has better skills players than previous years

Minny losses their #1 and #2 receivers, #1 RB and their play maker on defense and special teams. They are going to really fall back

No one else in the is even worth mentioning unless Rondale Moore can return to 2018 levels
If nothing else, we'll find out how good Tanner Morgan really is.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would be interesting to see how Purdy would respond to playing against our 1st team DBs instead of our 2nd and 3rd teamers like he did last year. Not saying he'd make another crucial fumble or slip when trying to run the ball, miss his wide open TE in the end zone, or throw it directly to our safety on a huge 4th down like he did last year. I'm sure he'd bounce back. And I do think he would've benefited from not having to contend with a hostile crowd there.
We don't play each other this year and if Purdy has a great year, he's likely gone so will never have another chance at Iowa. Purdy played pretty well other than a couple of plays. Iowa had a very good defense and if you're going to harp on a sophomore Purdy for not being perfect, so be it.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
We don't play each other this year and if Purdy has a great year, he's likely gone so will never have another chance at Iowa. Purdy played pretty well other than a couple of plays. Iowa had a very good defense and if you're going to harp on a sophomore Purdy for not being perfect, so be it.
Likely? Dude's a surefire top 11 pick, absolutely no way he sticks around for a senior year unless COVID screws up this season even more or cancels it altogether. Feel bad for the kid not being able to get the Iowa monkey off his back though. I can imagine he really wanted to take care of that for his coach as well. Good news is that converted guard sounds like the real deal for you guys at QB, so still a really good chance for Campbell.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Likely? Dude's a surefire top 11 pick, absolutely no way he sticks around for a senior year unless COVID screws up this season even more or cancels it altogether. Feel bad for the kid not being able to get the Iowa monkey off his back though. I can imagine he really wanted to take care of that for his coach as well. Good news is that converted guard sounds like the real deal for you guys at QB, so still a really good chance for Campbell.
B-

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron