All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Chris Klieman is not on that list and I think KSU is just as likely as you are to win the BIG 12 in the next 5-6 seasons. You should be better than them next year but who knows after that.

If you want to say Klieman and Campbell are better than Ferentz I'll agree

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Well yeah you don't have a top 15 coach though.

You realize Iowa State can lose multiple games during the season and still win a conference championship right? Same with Iowa
That's going to be pretty hard with the downward trajectory he has your program in right now. Hopefully he can right the ship for you guys though, last year was rough.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So Iowa State and Matt Campbell are looked to be better than Kirk Ferentz and Iowa going until next year? Got it
Back to back seasons with several early draft entrants and ISU returns QB and Iowa doesn't. Clones should be -4 at Kinnick.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Not at just ISU but anywhere. How many coaches ever get to 20 years? damn few. Odds are the next Hawkeye coach won't be there that long either. There are too many variables. AD changes, NFL calls, another school makes an offer they can't refuse, or even just a string of under performing seasons and they get let go. Maybe the stars align and Campbell grows old and gray in Ames but the odds are against it.
I would say Iowa is probably due for exactly that. Having one coach stay that long, let alone back to back is like winning the lottery. I would bet Iowa goes through a few coaches in the next decade, UNLESS, they hire say Brian Ferentz and he does just enough to keep himself a round.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I would say Iowa is probably due for exactly that. Having one coach stay that long, let alone back to back is like winning the lottery. I would bet Iowa goes through a few coaches in the next decade, UNLESS, they hire say Brian Ferentz and he does just enough to keep himself a round.
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that even if Brian does get the job he would be more likely to make a jump of some kind to the NFL. I'm not in the either camp as far as being for or against him getting the job.

• Informative
Reactions: SouthernCy