All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
A TE that nobody wanted and didn't produce? Yes that's an outlier

Brandon Myers, George Kittle, TJ Hockenson, Allen Reisner, Scott Chandler, and Dallas Clark. I think 1 other P5 offer between the 6 of them. So 6 of them are all outliers?

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brandon Myers, George Kittle, TJ Hockenson, Allen Reisner, Scott Chandler, and Dallas Clark. I think 1 other P5 offer between the 6 of them. So 6 of them are all outliers?
Meyers, Hockenson, Reisner, Chandler and Clark didn't produce in college? Lol OK

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
LaPorta has some of the best hands I’ve seen on a TE. I really think he is the next Hockenson/Myers/Chandler type TE.
are they soft? does he use lotion.

Posts like yours are ******* comical. Soft hands? JFC. Talk about **** that can't be proven. SMH

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You keep bashing on TE recruits that Iowa gets that "nobody wants". Well nobody wanted those 6 NFL TE's, I think they will end up just fine, history shows that.
I'm not bashing anyone. I don't understand the LaPorta hype but not many do. Nobody wanted him and he didn't produce last year

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
are they soft? does he use lotion.

Posts like yours are ******* comical. Soft hands? JFC. Talk about **** that can't be proven. SMH
Where did he say soft hands? I'm reading "some of the best".

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm not bashing anyone. I don't understand the LaPorta hype but not many do. Nobody wanted him and he didn't produce last year

LaPorta is a true Fr. that played 1/2 the games last year. He put up better numbers than all 6 of those iowa NFL TE as true Fr.

I will also just leave these stats here as well.

LaPorta 15 catches 188 yards in 6 games
Allen 17 catches 167 yards in 10 games

• Winner
Reactions: HawkFan1

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Have you seen Allen block though?

He'd better use those stone hands for something, because they sure ain't for catching the ball. That guy has no shot at the NFL, LaPorta on the other hand is way ahead of guys like Clark, Reisner, Chandler, Myers, Kittle, and Hockenson were when they were true Fr.

• Haha
Reactions: SouthernCy

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
He'd better use those stone hands for something, because they sure ain't for catching the ball. That guy has no shot at the NFL, LaPorta on the other hand is way ahead of guys like Clark, Reisner, Chandler, Myers, Kittle, and Hockenson were when they were true Fr.
Maybe he's just not clutch?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LaPorta is a true Fr. that played 1/2 the games last year. He put up better numbers than all 6 of those iowa NFL TE as true Fr.

I will also just leave these stats here as well.

LaPorta 15 catches 188 yards in 6 games
Allen 17 catches 167 yards in 10 games
Why did he only play 1/2 games last year? He was the only TE on the roster

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So you just didn't play a TE the first 6 games?

We do have other TE besides LaPorta. Just takes awhile for a TE to get up to speed. Kind of like ISU playing Stonehands on Saturday. I mean I gotta believe that ISU has better TE behind him that just are young and not up to speed yet. I'm guessing by midseason if you have anyone with any talent at TE behind him, they will overtake Stonehands.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We do have other TE besides LaPorta. Just takes awhile for a TE to get up to speed. Kind of like ISU playing Stonehands on Saturday. I mean I gotta believe that ISU has better TE behind him that just are young and not up to speed yet. I'm guessing by midseason if you have anyone with any talent at TE behind him, they will overtake Stonehands.
Allen is a multi year All Conference guy