All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It's not an excuse but OK
It's an excuse

ex·cuse
verb
verb: excuse; 3rd person present: excuses; past tense: excused; past participle: excused; gerund or present participle: excusing
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justify, defend, condone, vindicate

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's an excuse

ex·cuse
verb
verb: excuse; 3rd person present: excuses; past tense: excused; past participle: excused; gerund or present participle: excusing
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justify, defend, condone, vindicate

If you don't think ISU was at a major disadvantage for the first game being cancelled I can't help you

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Great to be a Hawk fan for sure...good times

So much talent on the Iowa team right now. You got 2 future NFL TE, a future NFL QB, at least 2 future OL players, at least 2 future DL players, a future NFL LB, and 3 future NFL secondary players. Just loaded up with talent, gonna be a fun ride the rest of the year and next year for sure!

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It's a fact ISU was at a major disadvantage the first game
crying-man.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So much talent on the Iowa team right now. You got 2 future NFL TE, a future NFL QB, at least 2 future OL players, at least 2 future DL players, a future NFL LB, and 3 future NFL secondary players. Just loaded up with talent, gonna be a fun ride the rest of the year and next year for sure!

@CyTwins, why is this funny? What player do you disagree with me on as being a future NFL player? Stanley, Fant, TJ, Wirfs, Jackson, Nelson, AJ, Colbert, Hankins, Brents, and Hooker.

Those are the no brainers, I"m sure some others that are Fr. and So who haven't played yet will also be NFL players. Getting Nixon next year at DL is huge, and Lindabaum is gonna be a beast as well. Wouldn't shock me if the next Iowa QB was also an NFL player, as Iowa pumps them out like crazy now. Iowa for sure has tons of talent at the OL as well.

It is crazy how much sheer NFL talent KF pumps through Iowa City.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

RedBayou

Jun 27, 2018
@CyTwins, why is this funny? What player do you disagree with me on as being a future NFL player? Stanley, Fant, TJ, Wirfs, Jackson, Nelson, AJ, Colbert, Hankins, Brents, and Hooker.

Those are the no brainers, I"m sure some others that are Fr. and So who haven't played yet will also be NFL players. Getting Nixon next year at DL is huge, and Lindabaum is gonna be a beast as well. Wouldn't shock me if the next Iowa QB was also an NFL player, as Iowa pumps them out like crazy now. Iowa for sure has tons of talent at the OL as well.

Not no-brainers. Potential? Yes. But Brents has two starts and both teams have barely thrown his way. Hankins has been an above average CB so far.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Lol oh my God

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Maybe KF should call Saban and ask how to properly utilize said NFL players.

RedBayou

Jun 27, 2018
Does Colbert even start? Brents and Hankins reminds me of the Ragubumba talk. Little premature lol
Not as premature as the Purdy Heisman talk, but similar to fans with Rugamba. Yes, Colbert has won the WLB spot. Looks good in run support, average in pass game. Not sure if he'd be starting if Aaron Mends wouldn't have gotten injured in the spring.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not as premature as the Purdy Heisman talk, but similar to fans with Rugamba. Yes, Colbert has won the WLB spot. Looks good in run support, average in pass game. Not sure if he'd be starting if Aaron Mends wouldn't have gotten injured in the spring.

To be fair that came from the DP show