All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe you and Blair just run in the same circles and know the same guy who was lying to both of you.

I'd be very shocked if Blair heard it from the same people I heard it from. i would assume his sources are within the football program

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Updated:

QB - Noland
RB - Montgomery
TE - Fant
WR - Butler
WR - Jones
WR - Eaton
OL - Jackson
OL - JGJ
OL - Wirfs
OL - Render
OL - Knipfel

DL - Nelson
DL - Lima
DL - Bailey
DL - Nelson
LB - Spears
LB - Rose
LB - Harvey
CB - Peavy
CB - Payne
S - Hooker
S - Eisworth

P - Iowa
K - Assalley

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Updated: I didn't realize that Iowa's offense was going to be so much better than CMC running his own offense.

QB - Stanley
RB - Montgomery (If he is out then IKM is in this spot)
TE - Fant
WR - Butler
WR - Jones
WR - Easley
OL - Jackson
OL - Reynolds
OL - Wirfs
OL - Render
OL - Banwart

DL - Nelson
DL - Lima
DL - Bailey
DL - AJ
LB - Spears
LB - Rose
LB - Harvey
CB - Peavy
CB - Hankins
S - Hooker
S - Eisworth

P - Iowa
K - Assalley

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Updated: I didn't realize that Iowa's offense was going to be so much better than CMC running his own offense.

QB - Stanley
RB - Montgomery (If he is out then IKM is in this spot)
TE - Fant
WR - Butler
WR - Jones
WR - Easley
OL - Jackson
OL - Reynolds
OL - Wirfs
OL - Render
OL - Banwart

DL - Nelson
DL - Lima
DL - Bailey
DL - AJ
LB - Spears
LB - Rose
LB - Harvey
CB - Peavy
CB - Hankins
S - Hooker
S - Eisworth

P - Iowa
K - Assalley

4 Iowa players are the defensive team is very optimistic. Payne is better than any CB you have right now

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
4 Iowa players are the defensive team is very optimistic. Payne is better than any CB you have right now

All Phil Parker does is pump out top notch DB's. Iowa's pass defense is ranked #27 right now and ISU #56. I'm being generous including so many of ISU's back 7.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All Phil Parker does is pump out top notch DB's. Iowa's pass defense is ranked #27 right now and ISU #56. I'm being generous including so many of ISU's back 7.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with who each team has played. Like I said, Payne is better than any CB you have right now

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm sure it has nothing to do with who each team has played. Like I said, Payne is better than any CB you have right now

ISU hasn't faced an offensive gauntlet. From this sites own writers:

Iowa State has played three offensively challenged teams and one explosive team.

As far as Payne goes, I wouldn't know for sure as I haven't seen ISU play but one game. Was he the CB that got torched by Brandon Smith vs Iowa to set up the game winning TD?

What I do know is Phil has 2 All conference CB's pretty much at all times on the roster. It might be that one is on the bench as a Fr. and will be All Conference when he is a Jr., but there is almost always 2 All Conference DB's on the roster at all times. Like when King was a Sr. Phil acually had 2 Thorpe award winners on the roster, just one was a backup at the time.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU hasn't faced an offensive gauntlet. From this sites own writers:

Iowa State has played three offensively challenged teams and one explosive team.

As far as Payne goes, I wouldn't know for sure as I haven't seen ISU play but one game. Was he the CB that got torched by Brandon Smith vs Iowa to set up the game winning TD?

What I do know is Phil has 2 All conference CB's pretty much at all times on the roster. It might be that one is on the bench as a Fr. and will be All Conference when he is a Jr., but there is almost always 2 All Conference DB's on the roster at all times. Like when King was a Sr. Phil acually had 2 Thorpe award winners on the roster, just one was a backup at the time.

Payne is an All Conference caliber CB. Iowa doesn't have one of those this year. You're making yourself look dumb

• Disagree
Reactions: benjimill

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Payne is an All Conference caliber CB. Iowa doesn't have one of those this year. You're making yourself look dumb

I will say, I don't have your stellar track record.

Richardson > Beathard
Tucker > Johnson
Lanning > Beathard
Warren > Wadley
Allen > Fant

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I will say, I don't have your stellar track record.

Richardson > Beathard
Tucker > Johnson
Lanning > Beathard
Warren > Wadley
Allen > Fant

Deflect!

giphy.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I don't feel stupid saying that a guy who produces All conference DB's and Thorpe award winners is gonna have a better DB than Payne.

Did you really say Richardson and Lanning > Beathard? Most of the time it seems you just try to carry the troll too far, and you just end up looking silly.

Speaking of Beathard, he is one tough SOB.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't feel stupid saying that a guy who produces All conference DB's and Thorpe award winners is gonna have a better DB than Payne.

Did you really say Richardson and Lanning > Beathard? Most of the time it seems you just try to carry the troll too far, and you just end up looking silly.

Speaking of Beathard, he is one tough SOB.

Payne will be an All Conference caliber CB this year. What CB for Iowa is going to get that kind of recognition?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron