All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
Iowa's back 7 should be really good. The DL makes me worry a lot. Iowa has won a lot of games with average to below average WR's. Iowa has not won many games with poor DL play.
Back 7 could be filthy. Hankins returning was huge for us.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
For what? Trip for work?

200.gif

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Whole lot of yikes here

Offense:

Tracy is nice in the slot. Didn't look like a #1 WR, which he needs to be
Having to start Ragaini is pretty bad
LaPorta is also a nice piece. Teams will bracket cover him early in the season until another player steps up

Don't know much about Iowa's o-line. I'm guessing outside of the STUD center. They are all inexperienced. If there is one thing KKKirk does well is the line will be just fine
RB is ok to good.
Overall the offense isn't great in 1 area. My guess is they REALLY emphasize the run as QB isn't accurate, WR doesn't have a good deep threat and the line appears to lack experiance

Defense:

VVB and a bunch of who is that on the d-line. I bet they turn out to be an average B1G unit by November. Really like that we play this unit early
LB... meh... Am I wrong to think this?
Secondary may be the best unit on the team.

I'd say this looks like a team with two likely outcomes.
1 - Losses to ISU, Maryland, PSU, Purdue, Wisky and NW. The team enters Minnesota 3-6. Fire Ferentz is growing loud. Petras is benched and they win the final 3. Ferenetz saves his job because Padilla went 3-0 against bottom feeders. They dominate in the Pinstripe Bowl.
2 - 5-3 heading in the NW game (ISU,PSU,Wisky). Team finished 9-3. Playes in another Gator Bowl but the team doesn't beat any of their top opponents. Most likely the running game is very strong with Linderbaum being a 2022 top 20 selection

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
Offense:

Tracy is nice in the slot. Didn't look like a #1 WR, which he needs to be
Having to start Ragaini is pretty bad
LaPorta is also a nice piece. Teams will bracket cover him early in the season until another player steps up

Don't know much about Iowa's o-line. I'm guessing outside of the STUD center. They are all inexperienced. If there is one thing KKKirk does well is the line will be just fine
RB is ok to good.
Overall the offense isn't great in 1 area. My guess is they REALLY emphasize the run as QB isn't accurate, WR doesn't have a good deep threat and the line appears to lack experiance

Defense:

VVB and a bunch of who is that on the d-line. I bet they turn out to be an average B1G unit by November. Really like that we play this unit early
LB... meh... Am I wrong to think this?
Secondary may be the best unit on the team.

I'd say this looks like a team with two likely outcomes.
1 - Losses to ISU, Maryland, PSU, Purdue, Wisky and NW. The team enters Minnesota 3-6. Fire Ferentz is growing loud. Petras is benched and they win the final 3. Ferenetz saves his job because Padilla went 3-0 against bottom feeders. They dominate in the Pinstripe Bowl.
2 - 5-3 heading in the NW game (ISU,PSU,Wisky). Team finished 9-3. Playes in another Gator Bowl but the team doesn't beat any of their top opponents. Most likely the running game is very strong with Linderbaum being a 2022 top 20 selection
3 - Petras turns into Tom Brady and Iowa wins a National Championship.

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
Was I fair? Tried to take off the C&G goggles
Most of it was good. LB is going to a pretty good group with Benson and Campbell. Campbell is a missile and Benson has a nose for the ball. D-line is young, but I’m not too worried about them. Parker and Bell have proven that they develop lineman, and they do it well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron