All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
3 NY6 bowl wins in 20 years is unrealistic?
A Bill Snyder comparison even though games have quasi changed over the years.
His top 15 finishes, and I'm not choosing 15 as a random number but more so that power 5 schools in that range now have a shot at a NY game.
He went 5-4 in those 9 NY top 15 level games, in his 27 yrs at KState.

ISU's biggest issue with trying to maintain a NY game level will probably be if TX can get it turned around. I think its fair to assume a NY game (sans playoffs) is worst case for OU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
probably. what are the odds of getting another Oregon type team as a NY6 bowl opponent? You wanna take the over on 6 NY6 Bowl game appearances in 20 years?
It's much easier for a team like Wisconsin to get into a NY6 bowl than a team like Iowa State. I mean an 8-6 Wisconsin team went to the Rose Bowl

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and JP4CY

May 7, 2020
A Bill Snyder comparison even though games have quasi changed over the years.
His top 15 finishes, and I'm not choosing 15 as a random number but more so that power 5 schools in that range now have a shot at a NY game.
He went 5-4 in those 9 NY top 15 level games, in his 27 yrs at KState.

ISU's biggest issue with trying to maintain a NY game level will probably be if TX can get it turned around. I think its fair to assume a NY game (sans playoffs) is worst case for OU.
Yes, Texas is really the only school you have to worry about. Not KSU, TCU, OSU, or any other team in the conference. It is pretty much the big two now with OU and ISU battling it out for the conference championship every year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
It's much easier for a team like Wisconsin to get into a NY6 bowl than a team like Iowa State. I mean an 8-6 Wisconsin team went to the Rose Bowl

Both Wisconsin and ISU got into a NY6 bowl with 8 wins, heck Oregon got in with 4 wins, LOL.

Reactions: 1776

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not sure why you're hung up on win totals. Wisconsin went 10-3 under Chryst and didn't even finish in the top 20

Lol, Wisconsin finished ranked in the top 20 7 of the 11 years, finished #21 and #22 as well and were only ranked outside the top 25 two times in the previous 11 non pandemic years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, Wisconsin finished ranked in the top 20 7 of the 11 years, finished #21 and #22 as well and were only ranked outside the top 25 two times in the previous 11 non pandemic years.

Wisconsin under Chryst has finished the season ranked 4 times out of the 6 possible. I think that's very realistic for Campbell. With the culture he's built I think Iowa State will be a high floor type team

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Wisconsin under Chryst has finished the season ranked 4 times out of the 6 possible. I think that's very realistic for Campbell. With the culture he's built I think Iowa State will be a high floor type team

Why do you keep trying to move the bar? You said you expect CMC to have the same results as Wisconsin. Wisconsin has sustained excellence for a long time, not just over a few years, but for a decade plus.

Reactions: 1776

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do you keep trying to move the bar? You said you expect CMC to have the same results as Wisconsin. Wisconsin has sustained excellence for a long time, not just over a few years, but for a decade plus.

Where do you want to start the comparison? The beginning of Bielema, Anderson or Chryst?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Where do you want to start the comparison? The beginning of Bielema, Anderson or Chryst?

When you talk about a period of sustained success of any program or “dynasty” you typically start with the year the success started. The Steelers winning 4 superbowls In 6 years, the Patriots 9 consecutive AFC championship game appearances etc.

Wisconsin’s run over that last 11 non pandemic years is very impressive, that is what I am looking at. 9 top 25 finishes, 6 NY6 bowl games, 3 top 10 finishes. That is a crazy good run, and frankly I have Wisconsin envy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When you talk about a period of sustained success of any program or “dynasty” you typically start with the year the success started.
So you would like me to start in 2006 when Bielema took over and they went 12-1? I just and to make sure I have your approved start date before I put together the results