Akrum Wadley scamming Iowa fans

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Thinking Gonzo has been hitting his white chili recipe a little to often and it come back to haunt him in the worse way.

giphy.gif

Haha. You don't know the half of it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nah, wouldn't do that. I actually wore some ISU gear when I was up there for Dad's Day at my daughter's sorority.

My wife and I refused any type of hawk gear when our daughter was going to school at Iowa. I always wore cardinal and gold. My motto was "Since I'm signing the check to U of I , I can wear whatever the hell I want!" Other people laughed, but agreed with me.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
My wife and I refused any type of hawk gear when our daughter was going to school at Iowa. I always wore cardinal and gold. My motto was "Since I'm signing the check to U of I , I can wear whatever the hell I want!" Other people laughed, but agreed with me.

To each his/her own. My daughter bought me an ISU henley and I got a hat for Dad's Day. Was happy to wear it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Our daughter knew better, she asked us if we would wear any hawk stuff, we politely said no. We told her it would probably end up in Goodwill and told her to save her money.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To each his/her own. My daughter bought me an ISU henley and I got a hat for Dad's Day. Was happy to wear it.

Did you graduate from Iowa? I don’t know what I would do if I had a kid at Iowa. My diploma may spontaneously ignite if I did.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Did you graduate from Iowa? I don’t know what I would do if I had a kid at Iowa. My diploma may spontaneously ignite if I did.

Yes my wife and I both graduated Iowa. Daughter 1 visited Iowa as well, but we were secretly hoping she'd pick ISU because we're in central Iowa and it's so much closer. Plus the ISU campus is very, very nice and she could get by without a car the first year. Throwing on an ISU shirt and hat a few times a year to make her happy is a no-brainer for me.

Reactions: KcCyclone77

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yes my wife and I both graduated Iowa. Daughter 1 visited Iowa as well, but we were secretly hoping she'd pick ISU because we're in central Iowa and it's so much closer. Plus the ISU campus is very, very nice and she could get by without a car the first year. Throwing on an ISU shirt and hat a few times a year to make her happy is a no-brainer for me.

How can you live with yourself if you can't tell your daughter to shove it and burn any rivalry gear in front of her.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
I think we should give AW a break here.....he was just following the lead of EIU which doesn't pay for the hospital contracts & workers.

Maybe they have a class in that field.... "Crook 101...the HOK Way".

Reactions: Acylum