AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That's why Otz made sure he got his extension signed before this..... smart.

Maybe AJ's dad got a raise along with TJ. So the family no longer needs AJ's NIL money to get by.

Pollard should have played hard ball- waited on giving AJ's dad's raise until after AJ announces he's coming to Ames!! Or at least he should have waited until tomorrow.
:mccaffery:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I forgot, one year does a career make. The goldfish like memories around here do be astounding.

He was really good at UNI.

If we go by your thinking, then there's no way we should have given TJ a raise this year.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
This really sucks. We still don’t have a proven scorer for next season.
Gonna need someone to really step up like Brockington did in addition to improvement on the little things across the board on offense to avoid the historic lows we saw last year.

I have some hope that Holmes can be a good piece offensively, but not getting a big who can stretch the floor and going all-in on Green as really the only P6 leading scorer type they pursued could be rough at times. Maybe TJ pulls a rabbit out of his hat I suppose.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
You are forgetting Harrison Barnes. The number of Iowa state fans in the gym the day he announced was plentiful

Harrison did a fantastic job of leading everyone on to think it was Iowa State. Wearing Cyclone gear, using the practice facility even having his own keypad to get into it. I didn’t have that big of a problem with him going to UNC. It’s how he did it

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I don't know but I am not going to lose my schit over his decision. You are a drama queen.
I don’t think anyone is losing their ****… but this one stings a bit. All the stars lined up for him to be a Cyclone and to be honest he really could have propelled this team into a solid threat. Especially offensively.

• Disagree
Reactions: GoldCy and JP4CY

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
This really sucks. We still don’t have a proven scorer for next season.

I agree. We don't have a proven scorer. We have 8 proven scorers:
  1. Williams
  2. Holmes
  3. Kalscheur
  4. Grill
  5. Kunc
  6. King
  7. Osunniyi
  8. Ward
Do we have at 15ppg scorer? Probably not, but we have 8 guys who will likely score between 8 to 13 ppg. I see a group of guys who are going to average 75+ ppg next year. We'll be better on the boards, have athletic post players and will play faster.