AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

Cjreimer

Apr 25, 2022
This is getting too far fetched for me. 30 year old men playing with and against 18 and 19 year old college kids? I see the potential for many injuries, skewed motivations, and loss of goals. Keep it simpler, please.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This is getting too far fetched for me. 30 year old men playing with and against 18 and 19 year old college kids? I see the potential for many injuries, skewed motivations, and loss of goals. Keep it simpler, please.

One motivation, get that bag! NIL baby!

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
It is interesting that his Indiana Pacer workout was the one widely publicized.... Guess who has the last pick in the 2nd round?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
i guess i have no problem with this. took me a minute to rember lebron never used his college eligibility. if lebron is taking classes, it should be allowed.

current and former pros are able to compete in olympics games. i see no reason to not allow them to play for a college if they have eligibility.

would create some interesting dynamics for sure, if a player like lebron was choosing between playing for the lakers or a college team with NIL money.

JR Smith is playing college golf right now.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sorry if it’s already been discussed, but did we ever learn why all the “experts” were wrong about AJ coming to ISU?

Was it really just a last second change of mind by AJ?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sorry if it’s already been discussed, but did we ever learn why all the “experts” were wrong about AJ coming to ISU?

Was it really just a last second change of mind by AJ?
AJ did well in the final workouts on Monday and Tuesday and had great conversations with both teams Wednesday. Good enough conversations that they swayed him enough to stay in the draft. A guaranteed two way? Maybe the Pacers take him late second round? That's TBD.

Either way, AJ was literally picking out an apartment in Ames on the visit he went on. Sort of a last second deal.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Tell LeBron we have an open spot and the need for a scorer.
I'm sure he can play at this level.

He can probably cook up the NIL deal to end all NIL deals.
MJ still has his one time transfer in his pocket . . . just saying. Even at age 59, especially if he brought some of his greenbacks with him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron