AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
AJ Green can go to Duke. But he won’t be playing for the legendary Coach K. It isn’t the same as it was.

Reactions: agentbear

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
AJ Green can go to Duke. But he won’t be playing for the legendary Coach K. It isn’t the same as it was.
True, but Jon is going to give AJ his best pitch and I bet you that Coach K may even be there right now. I know he was there while other guys were visiting.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Other pre'm site has I State balled.

As far as the player is concerned, this is a win/win situation. Not many of those happen in life. Good for AJ and family.

I would love AJ at ISU. But he has 3 great options:
  1. Go in the NBA Draft
  2. Play for his dad at ISU
  3. Play for Duke, an elite hoops & academic school. I am sure Duke is selling him on benefit of getting a Grad Degree started at Duke. He can always finish off after an NBA or International career if he wants.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I would love AJ at ISU. But he has 3 great options:
  1. Go in the NBA Draft
  2. Play for his dad at ISU
  3. Play for Duke, an elite hoops & academic school. I am sure Duke is selling him on benefit of getting a Grad Degree started at Duke. He can always finish off after an NBA or International career if he wants.

This is what happens when a school loses AAU status!

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
How did isu lose aau status?
Can isu regain it?
Is isu trying to do so?
Why or why not?

Legit questions. No idea how this works

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
It feels to me that if the staff was worried they’d be heavily recruiting a guard this whole time while still saving a spot for AJ regardless. It’s been over a month with very little connection to any guards. I think he’s a lock for ISU. But weirder things have happened.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It feels to me that if the staff was worried they’d be heavily recruiting a guard this whole time while still saving a spot for AJ regardless. It’s been over a month with very little connection to any guards. I think he’s a lock for ISU. But weirder things have happened.
Bingo

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Agreed but Duke is a hell of a basketball team and also a hell of an institution to get a grad degree. Their acceptance rate for undergrads is 8.3%.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Didn’t Kyrie Irving go to Duke?

Wait, you don’t think the earth is flat?

******* round earthers.

If Green doesn’t make it in the NBA, his graduate degree from Duke will definitely hold more weight than a graduate degree from ISU.

• Sad
Reactions: NENick

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Wait, you don’t think the earth is flat?

******* round earthers.

If Green doesn’t make it in the NBA, his graduate degree from Duke will definitely hold more weight than a graduate degree from ISU.
Are we really thinking this is Green’s only chance at a Duke graduate degree? He’ll have no problem getting admitted whenever he wants.

This will be a basketball decision.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron