AFL tryouts

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Went to the tryouts today.. idk if it was worth it.. but had a good time.. they were only taking like 5 guys.. and i think there was over 120 guys there.. I also talked to a couple of the guys that are already on the team and came from the Ark team, they said Wells Fargo Arena is the nicest one they have been in.. and that includes OK City. Coach talked about how the arena is the best fit for AFL and how The Barnstormers have the best history in AFL. But i do suggest everyone come out and support it, will be a good team, and should be a regular AFL team within a few years.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
No doubt, football at any time in any phase is worth watching. Plus it's a fun environment. I plan on taking my son to a few games as time permits.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Damn, that's a small field.

Admittedly, I have not been to an AFL game in person. I was too young when the original Barnstormers were here. The g/f and I will probably go to a few games. It appears to be cheap entertainment.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Good God thats an awful looking endzone. I hope they go back to the old school look.

ya...

FYI this field is 4 years old.. and i think its one of those deals where they will have it like this for this year and if the team does well in all parts of the game they will get a new one.. just a bold prediction