Advice needed for CW!!!

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I'd stay OFF the bull!

The place used to be called Saddle Ranch Chop House, it was located below Dave and Busters out at The Legends. It closed down a while back and is now open under a new name. I can't confirm whether or not they still have the mechanical bull, as I haven't been since the ownership change.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
I saw a mechanical bull in the faux redneck bar upstairs at the P&L district when we were down there the night the ISU women lost this year. I could swear I saw one drunk soil his pants while being thrown from the bull (and not "soiling" them in the FRONT, IYKWIMAITTYD), but I couldn't be 100% sure because of the lighting.

Bazookas is probably a good choice based on their location. I'm not current on the KC scene, but we went there during the tourney in '98 as a bachelor party for my college buddy "Rambill" who got married later that summer. 12 years ago, the employee quality there was very much "acceptable". Not up to the standards of the Penthouse club in Dallas, but better than your average Polk County strip club.

I think you'll have to do a flyby at Kelly's, just to have one of those big waxed paper cups of beer for nostalgia's sake, but don't plan on doing much partying in Westport. The P&L district has hit Westport HARD.

If you're down with BBQ, I would suggest that you visit Oklahoma Joes over on the Kansas side. It's just off Mission, and you've got to LOVE a BBQ joint located in a gas station.

One thing you need to think about, Chris: Deputize one of your friends as your "party cop". When we were in Dallas for the last tourney down there, my buddy "Hogfarmer" let himself get dragged upstairs to the Champagne Room. Two hours later, he was in a heated "discussion" with the bouncers after they caught him trying to pull a "dine & dash". I don't know exactly how much he charged to his Visa that night, but I'm pretty sure that you could at least buy a pretty crappy car that barely runs....or maybe a small herd of livestock.

The Most Important Thing? Have fun & enjoy the company of your buddies.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Make sure you wrap your tongue.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
Blum

they are calling for a 30K crowd at the K tomorrow nite.
I would get them early or get out to the park about 4 and grab the Dri Duck seats where they will also give you a hat or a t shirt and the seats are great. $7 a pop!
You can tailgate out there early before you go in and since you have to get there early to get the seats, once you go in stop by the Rivals sports bar and tip one.
Great food at Rivals really! The Wraps are great!

Enjoy yourself and know that the downtown area will be the site for the sobriety checks tomorrow nite starting around midnite.

Be safe and good luck to you all and congrats to Chris!

Also a sidenote, if you all do get in a bad situation or **** hits the fan you can always stop at a firestation and they will help you all out in some way.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I recommend The Outhouse near Eudora. it's a little jaunt, depending on where you are staying. out in the country, bring your own in, lots of girls. I have a permanent body outline on the stage!

TOR

Feb 13, 2010
Good luck Chris and Congrats! On another note, what are these sobriety checkpoints or what not you all keep talking about?

cygirl83

Sep 14, 2006
Olathe, KS
I went to the Royals game tonight with a group of about 15. We got our tickets at HyVee. Apparently they have some sort of deal where you can buy batteries and get the tickets half off. Also, although they still have some of those ridiculous fees, they aren't as bad as buying online through ticketmaster. Hopefully the Royals will do better later this weekend than tonight, but the fireworks were great!

On another note, I'm going to second the Oklahoma Joes advice! Yum!

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for the advice and help everyone! It should be a great time. If there are any stories, and I'm sure there will be plenty, I'm not against posting them....just don't tell CW. :wink:

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Here is what you will need:

Latex suit
Dewalt reciprocating saw
Studded dog collar with leash
Pink tutu
Ramone - let me know if you need his number
Spider monkeys (2)
Donkey (1)
Map of Leawood
Good attitude

I am sure you will know what to do with this but let me know if you have any questions.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If you sneak a liter full of Black Velvet into the Royals game and consume too much of it, you'r going to want to vomit. However, that big dude at the bottom of the section will likely toss the entire group if you harf. Therefore, if it starts coming up, you HAVE to choke it down.

Swallowing my own vomit, before I spewed all over the Wrigley Field Bleachers lead to me being named the MVP of my buddy's bachelor party in 2008.

Also, if you guys don't get asked to leave at least 2 bars, it was not a successful weekend.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Here is what you will need:

Latex suit
Dewalt reciprocating saw
Studded dog collar with leash
Pink tutu
Ramone - let me know if you need his number
Spider monkeys (2)
Donkey (1)
Map of Leawood
Good attitude

I am sure you will know what to do with this but let me know if you have any questions.

I think if you want to go ahead with this one, you may want to take a pass on Leawood. Leawood is a classy town, and the authorities will probably be a lot more understanding about the Donkey on the Missouri side of town!

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Good luck Chris and Congrats! On another note, what are these sobriety checkpoints or what not you all keep talking about?

They have been doing a lot of these around the city this spring. They basically setup a traffic checkpoint at a couple of places around town and check everyone who comes through to find drunk drivers.

With that going on downtown this weekend, you guys best get some plans in place for a DD. It seems like every time they have one of these, they net a ton of arrests. There are much better ways to end up in jail during a bachelor than a drunk driving checkpoint, don't waste it!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
They have been doing a lot of these around the city this spring. They basically setup a traffic checkpoint at a couple of places around town and check everyone who comes through to find drunk drivers.

With that going on downtown this weekend, you guys best get some plans in place for a DD. It seems like every time they have one of these, they net a ton of arrests. There are much better ways to end up in jail during a bachelor than a drunk driving checkpoint, don't waste it!

You don't have to worry about us. We got a hotel downtown. Won't be doing any driving at all. We planned it out this way.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You don't have to worry about us. We got a hotel downtown. Won't be doing any driving at all. We planned it out this way.

That's a great call. It's best to just find a way to eliminate driving altogether, that way no one has to be the sober babysitter, and no one risks driving drunk. Complete win-win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron