Abu Sama named Gatorade Iowa Player of the Year

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The track was really fast yesterday. PRs all over the place. The Thompson kid from CRW (committed to TTech - football) is going to give Sama all he wants in the 100 and 200.
The Loveless kid from ICW has some serious wheels. He should give Thompson a run in the 200.

ICW won the 4x200 this morning by 1 sec, Loveless has some burst. Agree with other poster about Thompson in the 4x100, he might have 3 gears.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
FYI, there's now a state track thread in the off-topic forum. Hopefully keep from cluttering up this Sama thread.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I am hoping that the coaching staff brings a flanker position back to use his talents. JJ Moses had some great games by getting to the edge on sweeps and reverses.
My all-time fave offense is the Wing-T. Can today's offenses sorta use a wingback-type of play, counters, and such?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My all-time fave offense is the Wing-T. Can today's offenses sorta use a wingback-type of play, counters, and such?
Good luck getting any players. Ernst Brun told my kid once that that offense is the second boringest offense to run behind the triple option.

You put our defense on it and it would be shut down left and right.