About the new logo, Johnny Orr, & Jack Trice

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It's painful to see how much better Kagavi's design is. Even more painful to think that Pollard would never give up his sacred I-State logo. I definitely resent him for his old fashioned approach to design and marketing, along with his inability to use CF as a FREE and EASY source for what he should have done with that respect. Lastly ISU has one of best design schools around, why are we not giving some kid a scholarship or grant for designing the winning new logo? I could go on...

• Agree
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Who is the person in the copyright license office at ISU that was described in the Moonlight Graham show that dismissed the secondary logo? Brenden said “she”. How does one person get that authority?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I cannot remember a time where past coaching staffs (or administration) were so open to alternate uniform or logo looks, as this one. This is CMC and his vision, not the current AD, that is obvious to me. We may see multiple alt logos in the future.

I agree and part of that thinking is not bringing back an old logo that was associated with bad football and not as timeless/great as many here think.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Just listened to the moonlight graham podcast. That just pisses me off. The funnel logo is amazing but this new logo sucks. I really hope they roll it back and admit they ****** up.

Reactions: Cyclones01

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
For those of us that aren't going to listen to the podcast, what was said about the logo?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
For those of us that aren't going to listen to the podcast, what was said about the logo?
It’s only a 22 minute long podcast you could listen to it while you pooped if you wanted.

Pretty much the the tldl version was. Brenden(the guy who made the new updated funnel logo) told Jaime that ISU didn’t have a good secondary logo. He mentioned how ISU fans tend to ask for the old funnel logo when buying apparel and wrote up a big presentation with the new updated logo and how it would be huge for ISU merchandising sales.

Jaime sent an email back saying that the logo is cool but he stated ISU fans complain about changing logos and that they doesn’t want to go through changing the logo all over again. Pretty much saying he never wanted to live through that again. Also when brenden talked with the licensing director for Iowa State she claimed the bird in the blender and cy head are good enough secondary logos and they didn’t need any others.

Two years later they roll out the upside down turd logo against Texas. I agree with the podcast that I bet the AD will never admit the logo was a flop and they will just keep pushing it down our throats until we accept it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kind of what I figured. We'll see what happens, but if they think they can make us like this 1st swing at new funnel/cyclone, I think they are mistaken. Just like the BuckyCy and CyHead in a toilet bowl, I wish they would just cut their loses, admit mistake. Don't know if they will though.

To me, it will be up to CMC, what he wants. He will probably get what he wants, especially if he continues to have success. Hopefully he will want the old Cyclone, Orr Cyclone.

Can't they just see that people aren't/won't be buying this new logo/ on gear, and don't like it on uniforms? We have something better.

We can protest I guess, and not buy this stuff/apparel, but I don't know if that will work either. They are pretty stubborn.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
So I went ahead and listened to the podcast while doing book work. It was definitely frustrating listening to the story.
It almost seems like something where the ADept decided they could make a better logo and it just fell on their face. The Orrnado is amazing and many outside of the program love it too from other schools.

xdgfxr

Sep 17, 2017
Hello, current ISU freshman here. I've talked to a lot of my friends, and other people here on campus in regards to this new logo, and the general consensus is that most people either really like it, or don't really mind it. The only complaint I have heard about it is that it looks a bit like a bugle chip. Most people here haven't heard of the Orr-Nado, even if they have seen it before. I do prefer the orr-nado by a fair bit, but I really like the upside down turd too. It's worth having, and I foresee the only time the orr-nado being used is as a one shot throwback logo. Just my two cents.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Hello, current ISU freshman here. I've talked to a lot of my friends, and other people here on campus in regards to this new logo, and the general consensus is that most people either really like it, or don't really mind it. The only complaint I have heard about it is that it looks a bit like a bugle chip. Most people here haven't heard of the Orr-Nado, even if they have seen it before. I do prefer the orr-nado by a fair bit, but I really like the upside down turd too. It's worth having, and I foresee the only time the orr-nado being used is as a one shot throwback logo. Just my two cents.

Oh, Jamie. You almost got me.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Makes me sick to read this.

This new logo looks like crap. It’s cheap. It’s cheesy. It looks like a friggin high school mark. Young people, wake up.

Gotta be something we can do to convince CMC to halt this. I’m sincerely embarrassed by it.

xdgfxr

Sep 17, 2017
By the way, this seems to be how the AD is using the logo in a mono-color format

Attachments

• IMG_20171013_001039.jpg
    IMG_20171013_001039.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 39

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I’m a student(be it a super senior) also and All of my friends hate the new logo. I’d recommend showing them the updated Orrnado and the new tacky turd and see which one people like more.

• Agree
Reactions: istater7 and xdgfxr

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
By the way, this seems to be how the AD is using the logo in a mono-color format
My main issue with this is from a distance it will look like a red smudge. Talk about having a non-distinguishable logo. Jaime is so big on building a brand but he got the most generic Microsoft clip art logo out there.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC