Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don't think that's for any of us to say. And for all the terrible things that he did, there is a family left behind. For them, it's not as easy as dusting off your hands and saying, "Well, we're all better off with him gone." and forgetting he ever existed. All they get is questions that can't be answered and a world of guilt and regret to deal with. He leaves behind a huge mess, and now there's no chance he ever fixes any of it. He may never have anyway serving out a life sentence, but there's no way of knowing that. He was only what, 27 years old? Most people don't change; I'm not naive. But age lends perspective. Maybe down the line he could have done something positive, even if it was something as simple as serving as a speaker/cautionary tale for at risk kids or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. I don't condone anything he did or was accused of, and I'm not trying to defend him. But I don't see the value in joking about his death or passing it off as good for the taxpayers or good for the world. This is a ****** ending to a sad story. Nothing "good" about it.
You want to make a positive out of it? Take pictures of Aaron and hang them in every inner city area that is gang controlled. Let them know that he is the poster child for the Thug Life. The thug life ends one of two ways. In prison or dead. In Aaron's case it was both. It isn't music videos with piles of money and hot women crawling all over you like they have been led to believe.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

What a lawyer says: "There is no way Aaron killed himself"

What he means: "There must be a way for me to squeeze a few more dollars out of this"
I had no idea until today that pig Jose Baez was his lawyer. What a ******* joke. During the debacle that was the Casey Anthony trial the judge basically had to tell him how to do his job. Didn't it also come out later he was compensated by Miss Anthony "other than monetarily"?

I'd like to know how Hernandez was supposedly murdered, since his door was reportedly barricaded shut from the inside.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Suicide is something we will never understand. The reasons why individuals do it. What makes them do it. How they can actually do it. This is something I have had to live with everyday for the last 33 years, as I found my dad after he had committed suicide. To this day, I keep wondering if there was something I could have done to prevent. Just so many questions and no answers. If there was one thing I could go back and change, it would be that day. Roughest day of my life.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I don't think that's for any of us to say. And for all the terrible things that he did, there is a family left behind. For them, it's not as easy as dusting off your hands and saying, "Well, we're all better off with him gone." and forgetting he ever existed. All they get is questions that can't be answered and a world of guilt and regret to deal with. He leaves behind a huge mess, and now there's no chance he ever fixes any of it. He may never have anyway serving out a life sentence, but there's no way of knowing that. He was only what, 27 years old? Most people don't change; I'm not naive. But age lends perspective. Maybe down the line he could have done something positive, even if it was something as simple as serving as a speaker/cautionary tale for at risk kids or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. I don't condone anything he did or was accused of, and I'm not trying to defend him. But I don't see the value in joking about his death or passing it off as good for the taxpayers or good for the world. This is a ****** ending to a sad story. Nothing "good" about it.

No one is saying they don't have sympathy for his family, because I do. But for him, certainly not. Especially now with what won't happen for the victim's families that he was involved in criminal activity with.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Very sad for anyone directly involved.

Can't remember the story/book that spoke about the people who need the most help don't seek it out or use it--'A River Runs Through It' maybe?

Sometimes you either figure it out or you don't. All indications are that people like Hernandez, O.J., etc. are/were modern day Norman Bates'.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Suicide is something we will never understand. The reasons why individuals do it. What makes them do it. How they can actually do it. This is something I have had to live with everyday for the last 33 years, as I found my dad after he had committed suicide. To this day, I keep wondering if there was something I could have done to prevent. Just so many questions and no answers. If there was one thing I could go back and change, it would be that day. Roughest day of my life.

Guy, I wish I had something to say to you help you out. I had a friend of mine do the same in the past year. Nothing you can do. Thinking about it only causes more pain than I ever thought was real. I am thinking about you brother.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'd like to know how Hernandez was supposedly murdered, since his door was reportedly barricaded shut from the inside.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Anything other than suicide seems all but impossible. Hernandez's reason for it is unclear, but that's how it is with many suicides. You can't really know what they were thinking. After beating the double murder charges there was a slim possibility that he might actually get out some day (according to Baez, who was talking about getting the Odin Lloyd case retried). Hard to say why he would do it now.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
When I was 16 I watched (from a short distance) someone purposely walk onto a highway and get killed by oncoming traffic and to this day I am still unable to comprehend the situation. A friend and I were the first ones the scene and I called 911. Still pops into my head from time to time.

If you're ever down on yourself in your own thoughts please start a thread here or PM me. We are all here for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: ruxCYtable

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
When I was 16 I watched (from a short distance) someone purposely walk onto a highway and get killed by oncoming traffic and to this day I am still unable to comprehend the situation. A friend and I were the first ones the scene and I called 911. Still pops into my head from time to time.

If you're ever down on yourself in your own thoughts please start a thread here or PM me. We are all here for you.

Just writing on this thread and talking about it always helps. The great thing is that I still have dreams about him every so often, so he is still with me.

Reactions: Dandy

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

I can't begin to understand how you feel and I won't patronize you with a "thanks for sharing", but I'm sure that was tough to write and even worse to have to live with. A lot of people struggle with depression and mental illness and some people are faced with situations that often times seem insurmountable, hopefully society is shifting away from the stigma associated with asking for help and situations like yours can be avoided in the future. Peace and love 29er.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/

Interesting side story. Apparently there's a law on the books in Massachusetts that takes a murder case back to square one if the convicted party hasn't exhausted their appeal process. So now any civil cases pending against Hernandez can't use any evidence that was established in the criminal trial. So the families of the three victims are left holding the bag, again. What a waste of a gift. I have plenty of sympathy for all the people whose lives he either ended or hopelessly ****** up in his wake.

And today, his murder conviction was vacated by a Massachusetts judge because he died before his appeals process had been completed.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/us/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-abated/

Prosecutors have already announced plans to appeal the ruling.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I can totally understand why suicide, or thoughts of suicide, occurs in prisons. Especially those locked up for life. It is a miserable existence.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Hernandez has been found to have CTE. Got to wonder if everything that went on with him was tied to CTE. Scary stuff.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
CTE may explain irrational behavior, but I'm pretty sure that the % of people with CTE that also murder people is relatively low, so I'm not accepting that as some kind of football related tragedy where he's a victim of sorts.
He very well could have been a piece of **** before CTE, although it's interesting to note that he had a really short NFL career and still had stage 3 CTE, you have to wonder when it all started.

Help Support Us

Become a patron