Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Can't believe people are defending him and feeling sorry for him. He was a cold-blooded murderer. I wish he would have done it before his trial and saved taxpayers some money. Now I hope they don't waste millions more on an "investigation" to appease his family.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/

Interesting side story. Apparently there's a law on the books in Massachusetts that takes a murder case back to square one if the convicted party hasn't exhausted their appeal process. So now any civil cases pending against Hernandez can't use any evidence that was established in the criminal trial. So the families of the three victims are left holding the bag, again. What a waste of a gift. I have plenty of sympathy for all the people whose lives he either ended or hopelessly ****** up in his wake.

• Informative
Reactions: deadeyededric

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/

Interesting side story. Apparently there's a law on the books in Massachusetts that takes a murder case back to square one if the convicted party hasn't exhausted their appeal process. So now any civil cases pending against Hernandez can't use any evidence that was established in the criminal trial. So the families of the three victims are left holding the bag, again. What a waste of a gift. I have plenty of sympathy for all the people whose lives he either ended or hopelessly ****** up in his wake.
I can't be the only one who sees our legal system as one really screwed up system. Lawyers get paid on both sides win or lose. So the incentive to do a good job lies only with ethics. HA! Congress (made up mostly of lawyers) makes more laws which require more litigation which make more lawyers richer. Normally, at the expense of 'victims' and/or tax payers. There's nothing except judges (which they themselves are lawyers) to control the constant 'delay' tactics used by both sides; again making lawyers richer and the payees poorer. There are zero checks and balances in that system to force 'improvement', 'efficiency', and/or 'cost effectiveness'. And, yet, we hang our hat on them. Of course, this is also strangling the economy. Good entrepreneurs now can't seem to find enough capital to start good businesses, because, you guessed it; the legal fees compared to 50 years ago (and adjusted for inflation) are exorbitant. And, corporations (loaded with money, lobbyists) are making it so difficult for people to compete. The system will implode. Luckily, I'm old enough where I won't be here in the end. I grew up in the 60s. I saw good hard working Americans make great products. I saw people start businesses to make better products. We had a healthy competitive economy. Not so much anymore.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Agree, lawyers have ruined many previously decent systems. Always look at the ones who are paid regardless of the outcomes and especially those who get a % of the money. Then you have a rigged system like the "Bar" that doesn't let them compete and just takes away their credentials if they didn't charge enough. Talk about collusion.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Was really surprised of all the posts on facebook making light of the situation or jeering Hernandez. Obviously the guy had made some horrible decisions in his life, but to mock his suicide seemed a bit much to me. Then again, it's easy to try to get a cheap laugh from behind a keyboard.

All the time/money spent on this second trial and then this happens. Crazy.

It's not too much. Dude was a scumbag.

• Winner
Reactions: SWCy13 and CyJam

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A guy at work has an Aaron Hernandez Patriots jersey hanging up outside of his cubicle. Not sure why he has it as he is a Seahawks fan. Most likely still bitter that Pete Carroll called a Russell Wilson interception play instead of just letting Marshawn Lynch just run it in for the score.

• Informative
Reactions: Dopey

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'll give a pass if it's someone of Hernandez's trash character or the like. The world is better off.

I don't think that's for any of us to say. And for all the terrible things that he did, there is a family left behind. For them, it's not as easy as dusting off your hands and saying, "Well, we're all better off with him gone." and forgetting he ever existed. All they get is questions that can't be answered and a world of guilt and regret to deal with. He leaves behind a huge mess, and now there's no chance he ever fixes any of it. He may never have anyway serving out a life sentence, but there's no way of knowing that. He was only what, 27 years old? Most people don't change; I'm not naive. But age lends perspective. Maybe down the line he could have done something positive, even if it was something as simple as serving as a speaker/cautionary tale for at risk kids or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. I don't condone anything he did or was accused of, and I'm not trying to defend him. But I don't see the value in joking about his death or passing it off as good for the taxpayers or good for the world. This is a ****** ending to a sad story. Nothing "good" about it.