A week ago, 90% on this board didn't care about wrestling.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Opportunity? For what? To embark on yet another coaching search? It's not like we need the practice.

I see no reason for opinions of those that did not attend meets to not matter. That's a line of BS and is in the same boat as the ridiculous "I donate more and therefore I matter more" arguments that take place here.

We're supposed to be on the same side, being ISU fans and all. Expressing displeasure for continued losing and departures is somehow not allowed?

Of course it's allowed...we're Cyclones. We are all searching for facts..see video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4RIBhQIkII]YouTube - Johnny Carson and Jack Webb[/ame]

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Opportunity? For what? To embark on yet another coaching search? It's not like we need the practice.

I see no reason for opinions of those that did not attend meets to not matter. That's a line of BS and is in the same boat as the ridiculous "I donate more and therefore I matter more" arguments that take place here.

We're supposed to be on the same side, being ISU fans and all. Expressing displeasure for continued losing and departures is somehow not allowed?

His point is that many who honestly, at heart, don't care about this are just using it as a reason to jump off of the "woe is ISU" cliff.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
We're still waiting for the ones that are clearly JP's fault beyond a doubt, and that are actually related to each other. Player attrition doesn't count, seeing as how it has little to nothing to do with the AD.

all these coincidences ... poor guy :rolleyes:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
MBB and FB - both programs are heavily influenced by JP from the second he arrived here. Both programs are losing more today than when he showed up - fact.

Both programs underwent player attrition when the coaches came. Fact. Both programs have higher ticket sales than ever before. Fact. Both programs are getting higher recruits more consistently than in recent history. Fact. Both programs are rebuilding. Fact.

That's one to four.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Both programs underwent player attrition when the coaches came. Fact. Both programs have higher ticket sales than ever before. Fact. Both programs are getting higher recruits more consistently than in recent history. Fact. Both programs are rebuilding. Fact.

That's one to four.

So they'll win more this year right?

Wonder what we pay Pollard per win verses any other AD in the country?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

That's one to four.

Winning is far more important than any of those. How long do you honestly think ticket sales and recruits will continue to come at the current pace?

And for the record, FB has not really experienced much attrition. Basketball has. And it's continued each and every year Greg and JP have been here.

Zaux

Apr 17, 2009
Des Moinea
5 years at $500k per

im sure tom brands would have went too if that was who psu targeted- it's life-changing money

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
So they'll win more this year right?

Wonder what we pay Pollard per win verses any other AD in the country?

Do I think we'll win more in MBB if Brackins leaves? Unlikely. I am curious how that has anything to do with the athletic director, however. I'm also curious exactly what control the AD exerts over practices and game-time coaching...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Do I think we'll win more in MBB if Brackins leaves? Unlikely. I am curious how that has anything to do with the athletic director, however. I'm also curious exactly what control the AD exerts over practices and game-time coaching...

A better AD wouldn't let us recruit and coach guys like Craig Brackins. Nobody wants guys that improve, do what they're supposed to do, and forget to get into trouble.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Winning is far more important than any of those. How long do you honestly think ticket sales and recruits will continue to come at the current pace?

And for the record, FB has not really experienced much attrition. Basketball has. And it's continued each and every year Greg and JP have been here.

Yes, we're back to the argument of player attrition having anything to do with the AD, whom they see incredibly rarely. :jimlad:

I seem to remember the days when some posters would say, "Oh, I'll just fire off an e-mail to my buddy JP quickly," since they had such a man crush on him and the hires he'd brought in. That good old hindsight is 20/20 again.

Reactions: GoShow97

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

That's one to four.

Fact, ISU Athletic Directors have:
let Johnny Majors move to Pitt (oh yes, he did win the National Championship there)
let Earle Bruce to to Ohio State (three straight bowls there)
let Dan Gable go to Iowa (he did win the Natl Championship, how many times?)
let Tim Floyd go to the Bulls
Coaches leave for other opportunities, and it's not the ADs fault.

Reactions: Angie

SgtPepper

Jan 6, 2009
uhhh....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes, we're back to the argument of player attrition having anything to do with the AD, whom they see incredibly rarely. :jimlad:

I seem to remember the days when some posters would say, "Oh, I'll just fire off an e-mail to my buddy JP quickly," since they had such a man crush on him and the hires he'd brought in. That good old hindsight is 20/20 again.

And here we are back to ignoring the ultimate important factor - the continued losing.

I've e-mailed Pollard at different times over the years...what's your point? Not once did I call him a buddy - but maybe my memory escape me - have a whirl with the search feature.

You're beating that word hindsight more than Pee-Wee Herman abuses his monkey.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

He is the DIRECTOR OF THE ATHLETICS.

He's paid to make them better. They suck - all time worst drought in winning under any AD.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Who hired said coach executing the practices and game-time coaching?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

"Uhhh," what? It's the AD's job to attend all practices and coach the team? Be in the huddle drawing up game plans?

Or, wait, is he just supposed to trust the coaches who he brought in, coaches who were seen by these very same posters (and the vast majority of the fan base) as great hires, coaches who were being wined and dined by bigger/better programs? Oh, yeah, I guess that's why they're called the "coach."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron