A Few Football Questions

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
1) Does anyone know why Shontrelle Johnson didn't get any carries against Texas? I know he returned a few kicks, so I don't think he was injured. I'm not complaing about Woody as the back-up...he's been great. I just also liked seeing SJ in there as well.

2) Has anyone heard anything more on Ben Lamaak's status? Hopefully some of you who know players can come through on this one for me.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I wonder Shontrelle didn't see any carries because ARob was having a good game and they wanted to leave him in and build some confidence.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
1) Like Azepp said, Shontrelle probably didn't play a lot because A-Rob was having such a good game. No reason to put a young (but freakishly talented) freshman in against a great defense like Texas when your senior leader is having a great day.

2) Haven't heard anything, but I would guess Lamaak won't see a lot of playing time this week against Kansas. I'm by no means counting KU as a sure win, but they are struggling this year, and if someone else can fill in and give Lamaak another week of rest, I'm all for it.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I saw mentioned somewhere that A-Rob is 100% now. I saw him hop off the field in Austin on one leg. I cant imagine he is 100%.
That said, hopefully we dont need him or Lamaak tomorrow! Would be nice to have them 100% for Nebraska! (Plus Matt T should be back on defense for that game!)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
1) Does anyone know why Shontrelle Johnson didn't get any carries against Texas? I know he returned a few kicks, so I don't think he was injured. I'm not complaing about Woody as the back-up...he's been great. I just also liked seeing SJ in there as well.

2) Has anyone heard anything more on Ben Lamaak's status? Hopefully some of you who know players can come through on this one for me.

When you are winning late against Texas, the last thing you want is an inexperienced freshman in there. He hasn't shown a tendency to fumble, but you go with your most sure handed guys in that situation. Also, Woody is our best option to pound forward for a few yards a carry and milk the clock.

I hope to see a lot of Shontrelle and Woody this week.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
When you are winning late against Texas, the last thing you want is an inexperienced freshman in there. He hasn't shown a tendency to fumble, but you go with your most sure handed guys in that situation. Also, Woody is our best option to pound forward for a few yards a carry and milk the clock.

I hope to see a lot of Shontrelle and Woody this week.

I completely agree with giving it to Woody to pound out some yards. Although, I still think ARob would do just fine at that point in the game (I know he was out injured at that point for the Texas game). I was just a little surprised we didn't try Shontrelle out at all in the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron