A couple of good David Montgomery/Bears links

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Pace has proven to be a good talent evaluator.

Some GM's fall in love with a player's combine numbers, but Pace's late round success shows he knows how to find football players.

As a Bears fan I'm on pretty excited because I know DM is going to become a huge fan favorite really quickly.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As a Packers fan I didn't want to see DM or HB go to the Bears, Vikes, or Lions, but I'm really happy for DM, even though he is a Bear now.

What really ticks me off is how good the Bears GM is compared to what Green Bay has done over the years. Bears are getting better and better, and the Pack is going the other direction.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
This is Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace on the phone with David right before the pick was made. It gives me chills hearing Pace tell him I told you this would happen.

Great Spot by Hyundai telling David's story

Now for the Highlights

As a Bears fan I was excited at the chance of getting David. I knew he was a legit option for us in the 3rd round. But there was something about actually getting him that added extra juice. When I saw the Bears traded up I was thinking it was for him and it was. Made my weekend

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
How does the Bear's O-line look?

PFF (Pro Football Focus) had The Bears as the 11th best O-Line in their 2018 Power Rankings after week 17. 2nd best Pass Blocking Unit. I actually think adding Montgomery and Mike Davis (from Seattle in FA) to Cohen will help the run game. I think in year 2 of Matt Nagy with the re-tooled backfield, that the O-Line grades better as a run blocking unit and that they move into the top 10 overall.

Reactions: cyence

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Congrats to David! As a Rams fan I was so disappointed to see them take the Memphis RB just picks ahead of the Bears trading up to get him. I think he would fit into almost any teams scheme just base on his ball security alone. If he can stay healthy, I predict a Pro Bowl in his near future!

Reactions: Doc

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It's funny, but no one seems to mention DM as a blocker. I thought he was very good at picking up blitzes.

I also see people knock him for his hands, but I don’t really remember him dropping many passes. He’s certainly no Marshall Faulk, but I don’t know if I’d call it a weakness.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Stupid Vikings should've traded up 8 spots from their original 3rd round pick and grabbed him. Instead they traded back...and traded back...and traded back...and then took that meh RB from Boise St...

He's no David Montgomery...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I also see people knock him for his hands, but I don’t really remember him dropping many passes. He’s certainly no Marshall Faulk, but I don’t know if I’d call it a weakness.
Big gripe for me last year was the lack of hitting DM out of the backfield.

My only thought is that someone was always spying on DM last year, so sneaking out of the backfield might not have worked. Still, getting the ball to DM was usually the right answer.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My only thought is that someone was always spying on DM last year, so sneaking out of the backfield might not have worked. Still, getting the ball to DM was usually the right answer.

Yeah for sure, thinking you get him in space at least it's a better chance than off tackle typically.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This is Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace on the phone with David right before the pick was made. It gives me chills hearing Pace tell him I told you this would happen.

Great Spot by Hyundai telling David's story

Now for the Highlights

As a Bears fan I was excited at the chance of getting David. I knew he was a legit option for us in the 3rd round. But there was something about actually getting him that added extra juice. When I saw the Bears traded up I was thinking it was for him and it was. Made my weekend

Love the way that last video starts!

Reactions: CYcoFan