A bad B1G defensive conference

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So when the Campbell to Michigan State rumors first surfaced remember people trying to argue it was a good job?
I will reiterate, Dantonio was a great coach there. They returned very little talent and historically it’s not that easy to win there.

They are going to be down for a long time in the division they are in.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
BIG is simply seeing the results of the COVID lack of physical contact leading up to games. This impacts the defense more than the offense. I'd expect the defenses to gradually improve as the season goes on. However, you are also going to see a greater separation between the teams at the top (tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin) over the teams at the bottom for the same reason. A whole bunch of ugly games coming up.

Interesting that when the Big12 saw results from non-contact practice, everyone piled on with the nonconference losses. But I guess this is different.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So when the Campbell to Michigan State rumors first surfaced remember people trying to argue it was a good job?
I will reiterate, Dantonio was a great coach there. They returned very little talent and historically it’s not that easy to win there.

It still can be a good job. But Dantonio was running that program on empty for more years than people wanted to admit as he stopped caring about recruiting the last several years. Now Mel Tucker is working with a depleted program.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It still can be a good job. But Dantonio was running that program on empty for more years than people wanted to admit as he stopped caring about recruiting the last several years. Now Mel Tucker is working with a depleted program.
This is true, but people need to realize that Dantonio did amazing things there. He was a dickhead and a dirt ball, but people have a completely unrealistic view of what that job is because of his success.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Maryland fumbles at the 1ft line otherwise it would be 35 to 28, give minutes into the third.

This is pathetic defense.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Maryland fumbles at the 1ft line otherwise it would be 35 to 28, give minutes into the third.

This is pathetic defense.
this is impressively bad defense.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Minnesota has given up 1156 combined yards against to B1G East teams in two games, LOL.

B1G West, woof.
Things are setting up nicely for the Hoks in the B1G West. Can probably get to the Championship game with 3 losses if Wisconsin can't regroup. Woof indeed.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
BIG is simply seeing the results of the COVID lack of physical contact leading up to games. This impacts the defense more than the offense. I'd expect the defenses to gradually improve as the season goes on. However, you are also going to see a greater separation between the teams at the top (tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin) over the teams at the bottom for the same reason. A whole bunch of ugly games coming up.

WHAT? All leagues had to deal with that. Iowa State had up to 30 guys out in fall camp. KSU was down 12 players for their first game. I can't believe how everyone makes excuses for this league. They over praise them when the league looks competent at football and they turn the other way in years when the league looks like dog crap.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Things are setting up nicely for the Hoks in the B1G West. Can probably get to the Championship game with 3 losses if Wisconsin can't regroup. Woof indeed.
I think Northwestern is going to prove to be really good, and will win by double digits today.