***#9 Iowa State vs. California Baptist; Grand View Open; Luther Open***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyowa 14

Iowa State Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
#2 ranked guy at 141 (Woods) and probably Brennan Swafford at 174. 125 who knows who they throw out there
Im still picking Iowa to win the dual, but this Iowa team has no business being ranked 2nd. This has to be the worst Iowa team on paper in the brands era, and imagine if Spencer wasn't back for his 7th year of college or whatever it is. They have a lot of guys ranked high that really haven't done much. Woods is ranked 2nd and his highest finish at nationals is 6th and murin is 4th and has never AA in 4 years just to name a few

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What? Really? I hope this is wrong because I want to see Swiderski wrestle him.
I want their full lineup against except maybe Lee. Minimizes their excuses when they piss and moan if we beat them. Hell, I almost want them with Lee. It gets a whole lot harder to beat them but it isn’t impossible to do it with him either.

Cyowa 14

Iowa State Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
I want their full lineup against except maybe Lee. Minimizes their excuses when they piss and moan if we beat them. Hell, I almost want them with Lee. It gets a whole lot harder to beat them but it isn’t impossible to do it with him either.
I mean, are we confident the roller coaster that is terekina is going to beat whoever they throw out there instead of Lee? Might as well hope Lee wrestles and see if we can beat them any way

cywr89

May 14, 2009
The kid that beat Terekina wasn’t some chump. 4x OK State champ, GR Junior National champ and 2x 3rd place FS Junior National AA. Also, he is only one year younger than Terekina. Should of he lost no but Terekina won’t be the only Top 20 to loss to that kid. His length is going to cause problems for a lot of kids. Unfortunately, starting at 149 may have have cost Terekina the match as I have a feeling that kid sucks down pretty good.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
The kid that beat Terekina wasn’t some chump. 4x OK State champ, GR Junior National champ and 2x 3rd place FS Junior National AA. Also, he is only one year younger than Terekina. Should of he lost no but Terekina won’t be the only Top 20 to loss to that kid. His length is going to cause problems for a lot of kids. Unfortunately, starting at 149 may have have cost Terekina the match as I have a feeling that kid sucks down pretty good.
Neighbor told me that kid was an ass in Iowa City , got a point deducted for something , I wasn’t really paying attention enough to know for what , taunted the crowd .

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Im still picking Iowa to win the dual, but this Iowa team has no business being ranked 2nd. This has to be the worst Iowa team on paper in the brands era, and imagine if Spencer wasn't back for his 7th year of college or whatever it is. They have a lot of guys ranked high that really haven't done much. Woods is ranked 2nd and his highest finish at nationals is 6th and murin is 4th and has never AA in 4 years just to name a few
Woods is very good but the hype around him is odd.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Woods is very good but the hype around him is odd.
Agree. I looked into him when he hit the transfer market and was almost shocked to see his accolades. He’s good no doubt but I expected more from how people talk about him. You would think he was almost a defending champ, but he hasn’t even been a finalist yet.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
If I remember right, Woods has had some injury woes that have kept him from his perceived potential. I think he's beaten some pretty big names, but I need to look into it more.
That said, I'm not convinced he's quite all everyone makes him out to be. Time will tell.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
If I remember right, Woods has had some injury woes that have kept him from his perceived potential. I think he's beaten some pretty big names, but I need to look into it more.
That said, I'm not convinced he's quite all everyone makes him out to be. Time will tell.
He’s notched some good wins in his career (Gfeller, Demas, Alirez, Hart, Grant Willits a couple/few times) and some close loses to dudes. He had a murderers row at last year’s NCAA and while lost 3 in a row, they were to Nick Lee (3-2), SeaBass (3-2) and Cole Matthews 7-3.

Lost a close one to Tariq Wilson a couple years ago too.

He’s good, but I don’t see any real “WOW” wins and he has had quite a bit of “fluff” on his schedule too.

Reactions: DantheFan

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I assume Real Woods is still wrestling. He hasn't been replaced in the All Star Classic, has he?

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I assume Real Woods is still wrestling. He hasn't been replaced in the All Star Classic, has he?
My neighbor heard a couple weeks back he may not be a go for the All Star Classic but it's been quiet lately. He said he wouldn't be surpirised if he didn't go but it's getting pretty late to pull out.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
No Woods again this weekend.
If he is wrestling in the All-Star classic, he wouldn't be wrestling this weekend anyway. We won't see Carr or Terukina vs Grandview on Sunday since the All Star bout is next Tuesday.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I think he’s dinged up. I doubt they will wrestle him vs Swiderski unless he has a couple matches under his belt.
I can understand that.
Judging from Swiderski's first few matches, he might just end up breaking Woods for good, if he's not in full health.

Reactions: CyCity