#8 seed

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
we play thursday at 11:30am...ugh....goin up against the 9 seed...anyone know who that is....OU?...NU?

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
What we beat OU at home we can do it neutral!!!!!

Yeah, but OU was also over-looking us at the time. Rememeber that we got a huge lead in the first half and then we had to hang on because OU finally woke up. I would have rather played any other team in the bottom half of the conference. I'm not getting my hopes up like I did for tonight.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It's on ESPNU, thank god mediacom just added ESPNU to my list of channels.

It's also on ESPN Plus.

Just unfortunate that if we're able to pull off a victory, we have to face that one team that just beat us by 37.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I think Oklahoma is a tough matchup for us. It kind of has the same feel to it as when we faced Kansas for the second time. Oklahoma feels like they shouldn't have lost to us, and now we're pretty much going to their house with a lot more on the line.

We weren't really stopping Longar Longar in the second half and the referees were really letting them play. If they let the game get physical, I think it will be tough for us to stop Longar.

I thought this at the time and I still do -- Cory Johnson would be a good matchup against Oklahoma. Except for Longar, their tallest guy is 6'8" and a freshman who rarely plays. Their next biggest guy is 6'7" 232, almost the exact same size as Cory.

Cory has really shown that he knows how to finish and score points when given the opportunity. I'd like to see him get some time at the 4 and post up or run some set plays to him and see if they can stop him.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
This OU team will face a couple of new things:

1) Cory McIntosh, with a lot more confidence and willingness to shoot the ball.
2) Rahshon Clark, with a lot more leadership, and with what seems to be a lot more spring in his step.

I don't think I would want to be Oklahoma. We haven't been slipping for a month. Yeah, we took a beating, but we also saw a few pretty good games. I like our chances against the Sooners. Even though they are practically playing across the street from their home court.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron