7 seed in KC here we come...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We lost this.

We'll lose Saturday (big)

And if KSU beats OU at home (which they will) we are the 7 seed in KC.

We deserve any big drop in the seeds and metrics we get. This was disgustingly awful and embarrassing.

Gonna be 20-12 headed to the NCAAs. I kind of hope they drop us to a 10 but we for sure are gonna be a 9 seed. I'd bet on it. And I cannot imagine playing a 1 seed and what they'll do to us.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Being in the dance was what we needed to accomplish and we got that. I'm just hoping this was that putrid performance that rears its head and now we got that out of the way for several games. Would have been nice to win tonight and even any of the next games obviously, but knowing we are in the NCAA Tournament I am almost in reset mode because it only matters how we play in that first game there. We aren't winning a conference title and winning the Big 12 Tournament would be the craziest one we've pulled off yet, so any wins before the NCAA Tournament are nice BUT just make sure this doesn't happen there and I am good to go.

MR82

Sep 12, 2021
Better play with more aggressiveness and figure out how to use the 5 coming up to the elbow and do something such as set a screen after passing and then roll to the hoop. Better yet drive to the hole!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
On Halloween if you would have asked, I'd take a 7th place finish and any tournament birth in a heart beat.

This team exceeding everyone's expectations is the only reason I'm bummed about how the season finished. It sucks but we've come so far in 12 months, it's tough to get too bummed.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
We lost this.

We deserve any big drop in the seeds and metrics we get. This was disgustingly awful and embarrassing.

Gonna be 20-12 headed to the NCAAs. I kind of hope they drop us to a 10 but we for sure are gonna be a 9 seed. I'd bet on it. And I cannot imagine playing a 1 seed and what they'll do to us.
36 points in 40 min. I thought that’s normal in girls jr high basketball but honestly I’m not shocked. My wife is currently pissed I’m unhappy college kids get my criticism though.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I agree with everyone saying even making the NCAA tourney is huge. NO QUESTION this season is a massive success. Just bummed to see this type of performance this late in the season.

I'm still going to KC and can't wait!
I was stressed and losing it watching us lose when we were on the cusp of the NCAA Tournament, but once we locked that up (again barring absolute insanity with bid-stealing we've never seen before we are in) I turn my sights to the tournament. Just have to get in because you just never know who is going to get hot in that thing. But you have to be at the dance in order to get that chance to be that team.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I was stressed and losing it watching us lose when we were on the cusp of the NCAA Tournament, but once we locked that up (again barring absolute insanity with bid-stealing we've never seen before we are in) I turn my sights to the tournament. Just have to get in because you just never know who is going to get hot in that thing. But you have to be at the dance in order to get that chance to be that team.
Yep. And especially with this team. They can compete with most teams, and also lose to just about anyone.

It's like golf. I'm not near good enough to be overly upset when I play bad.
This team is not near consistent enough to be overly upset when they play bad.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
On Halloween if you would have asked, I'd take a 7th place finish and any tournament birth in a heart beat.

This team exceeding everyone's expectations is the only reason I'm bummed about how the season finished. It sucks but we've come so far in 12 months, it's tough to get too bummed.

Love how someone 'dumbed' this like fans can't be happy with how things are in the big picture while obviously the team wants better.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
We lost this.

I’d take a 10 seed over the 8/9 all day

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
What nuanced information says what for the big picture for fans that have paid attention?
Oh I don’t know….maybe the amount of wins that accrued during the season that some would see as unfathomable and then adjust expectations accordingly as possibility increases as to what one can attain at the current trajectory. But I guess the true fans that pay attention were expecting a dead last finish despite as opposed to what could still be out there for the taking.