7.4 Earthquake hits Japan (again)

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
They are going to have a really tough time rebuilding. Hopefully the world continues aid.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The Pacific Ring of Fire has really "lit up" this year. First New Zealand, now Japan. Experts are saying this is ominous for California, especially since it's past due. Perhaps the quake that eventually does strike California will finally plunge the eastern half of the USA into the Atlantic Ocean...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Pacific Ring of Fire has really "lit up" this year. First New Zealand, now Japan. Experts are saying this is ominous for California, especially since it's past due. Perhaps the quake that eventually does strike California will finally plunge the eastern half of the USA into the Atlantic Ocean...

Eastern half?:confused:

Wouldn't that be a *****? Be all excited for California to fall off into the ocean, and the rest of us break off and sink.

Seriously though, I'm sure that places increases pressure on the plate on this side of the Pacific, and yeah, a big one is due.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Wouldn't that be a *****? Be all excited for California to fall off into the ocean, and the rest of us break off and sink.

Seriously though, I'm sure that places increases pressure on the plate on this side of the Pacific, and yeah, a big one is due.

Yeah, I got the whole "The Eastern Half of the USA will eventually plunge into the Atlantic Ocean" off a poster I bought at one of those poster shows at the MU while I was still at ISU (I believe it was my "Murphy's Law - Murphy Was An Optimist" poster), and that particular line just completely stuck in my head. It's an obvious yet witty play at the whole "The Western Half of the USA/California will eventually plunge into the Pacific Ocean" overused cliche.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

He may mean that the large interior valley with the Salton Sea would flood - that is the scenario for the worst case.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron