53 Year old Tony Hawk at The Olympics

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
He is not competing. However, he is over there and skated the ramps. It's almost unreal how good he is at 53 years old. I used to be a skater and I can barely stand on a board these days without eating ****. Major props. Probably one of the greatest athletes of our lifetime and deserves all the credit he get's.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
He is not competing. However, he is over there and skated the ramps. It's almost unreal how good he is at 53 years old. I used to be a skater and I can barely stand on a board these days without eating ****. Major props. Probably one of the greatest athletes of our lifetime and deserves all the credit he get's.

Lol

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
What are you LOLing. He and his father basically built a sport that barely existed, he dominated it and is now that sport is a multi billion dollar sport in the Olympics and he is considered the greatest to ever do it. So really there is nothing to LOL. It’s actually truth. You must have no clue about the sport

I wish I would have been better at skating. It never really clicked for me.

Rodney Mullen was my idol back in the day.

Reactions: Drew0311

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
What are you LOLing. He and his father basically built a sport that barely existed, he dominated it and is now that sport is a multi billion dollar sport in the Olympics and he is considered the greatest to ever do it. So really there is nothing to LOL. It’s actually truth. You must have no clue about the sport
None of that makes him a great athlete.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Skateboarding was actually pretty big before Tony came along. He definitely took it to another level though. He's the reason I started skating when I was young.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He was better in that clip than I could do on Skate or Die (NES) 30-some years ago.

I skated in elementary school a bit when Tony Hawk was starting to really get out there.

Reactions: Drew0311

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Or marathon swimming. Or baseball for that matter, at least there are skateboarders all over the world.

Reactions: baagoe