***#5 Iowa State vs. Michigan State (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.)***

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Strong showing, too bad they don't have their best player. That could make a difference. We are definitely not one dimensional this year.

Thought a little about that also, but have to play the team that's in front of you. And we are doing that well at least the 1st half.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
See, folks. This is how we know who the actual basketball fan is.
We only have one, but this guy gets it.
giphy.gif

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm starting to think that Bill and TJ coached each other's teams in practice this week. Our men scored 81 points tonight and our ladies have held Michigan State to 32 so far in the 4th quarter.

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Great push over the last couple minutes. Got a little hairy (kind of, still had a large lead) and now we look to ice it. 70-48 with 3:24 left.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks for the link!

In watching the replay, in the first half on one play the Michigan State center "blocks" a shot by Kane but her arm follows through and smashes Kane in the face! Ref's called a non-shooting foul! Said that the block was clean and the foul afterwards. Huh? The foul was committed in one continuous arm motion with the block milliseconds after the "block".

How is this different than the three point shooter being run into after the shot goes up? They always call that a foul on the three point shot. Not a foul after the shot.

Confused.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Thanks for the link!

In watching the replay, in the first half on one play the Michigan State center "blocks" a shot by Kane but her arm follows through and smashes Kane in the face! Ref's called a non-shooting foul! Said that the block was clean and the foul afterwards. Huh? The foul was committed in one continuous arm motion with the block milliseconds after the "block".

How is this different than the three point shooter being run into after the shot goes up? They always call that a foul on the three point shot. Not a foul after the shot.

Confused.
I am with you on this one. At least with this particular case.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the link!

Confused.

That was a weird call. Didn't bother me too much, game ended in a rout, but would have pissed me off in a close came.

• Agree
Reactions: TrulyCyclone