4th annual NES Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball tournament

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Join us Saturday March 30th in Omaha for a day long celebration of classic Nintendo sports games at Bigway Burger. (72nd street/Ralston)

Each tournament starts with a 3 game opening round, and those results are used to seed the bracket. Tourney format ensures everyone plays in numerous games regardless of experience or skill level. Everyone is welcome to partake in a warm up game before the event begins.

Tecmo Bowl starts at noon, and R.B.I. at 6PM. $20 gets you into either tourney, or enter both for $30. Military ID gets $5 off either price. 100% of the fees collected go to payouts for the top 5 players in each tournament. The tournament is capped with the top 24 players from the opening round.
Adding to the gaming experience, players eliminated in the round of 16 may continue on with additional games to place 9th through 16th. Players eliminated in the round of 8 continue on for 5th place winnings.

For reminders and updates as the tournament draws near, mark yourself as "Going" or "Interested" on the facebook event page

For a complete breakdown of the tournament format, team selection process, game play rules, and all other information go to https://www.tecmobowlnes.com/

The Tecmo Bowl tournament is single elimination. The R.B.I. Baseball tournament becomes best of 3 in the semi-final and championship rounds.

Last edited:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
In addition to playing for money and bragging rights, these trophies will go to 1st place in each event.

Our 2018 event had nearly 30 competitors with players from 5 different states. CO, NE, KS, IA, IL. Looking like we'll be adding players from an additional state or 2 this year, and might have 2 Candians from the Toronto area making a return trip as well.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
We'll have nearly 15 systems and HDTVs on hand to accommodate the turnout, and keep us on schedule with the format of the tourney. With that amount of equipment, it virtually guarantees nobody is waiting to play. The most we've had for a tournament was 20 players. Typically turnout is in the 16-20 range for both games.

We use HDMI output NES clone systems with 720 resolution made by "Hyperkin" and "Retro USB". See info below.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Tourney is 2 weeks from today.
Hopefully I'll be DVR'ing a Cyclone NCAA tourney game that day to watch afterwards. ;)

Last edited:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
2 days away. Based on some communications, we'll have competitors from 7 different states this year! CO, NE, KS, IA, IL, MO & AR.

Set up begins after 7PM on Friday and I'll have different games available to play. Some of the out of state players will be in attendance tomorrow night for some Nintendo Ice hockey, Pro Wrestling, Double Dribble, Street Fighter 2, Contra, etc.

R.B.I. Baseball promo

Tecmo Bowl promo

See event page for additional details.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Tournament is today. Spectators are welcome to stop in see the festivities. I'll be in the white baseball shirt with black 3/4 length sleeves...running this and playing as well.

Help Support Us

Become a patron