49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Endorsements rolling in.

Happy for Brock, but KFC and Ultimate Watch Party don’t seem to go together. If someone told you they were having a Super Bowl party and the food was going to be KFC, does that turn the dial in a positive way at all?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
ESPN did a re-draft of the 2022 NFL draft. Purdy went 4th overall to the New York Jets (Sauce Gardner went 1st) and then Breece Hall went 35th to the New York Jets.
Cool to hear, but 20-20 hindsight and all that. I'll bet there would be a major switch up on every draft redrawn at a similar time in the post season.
Some guys click, some guys peaked in college, and some get unexpected breaks. Brock probably would not have risen much (if at all) if either of the QBs ahead of him had stayed healthy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Happy for Brock, but KFC and Ultimate Watch Party don’t seem to go together. If someone told you they were having a Super Bowl party and the food was going to be KFC, does that turn the dial in a positive way at all?
If they told you Brock was bringing KFC, would you tell him to stay home? Brock could bring liver and onions and I’d still let him bring it and choke that down to have him watch the SB with me.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Showing up casually late to some room-temp KFC, mm mm mmmm. (Congrats to Brock on the $$ though)

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneSpinning

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Yes. KFC is ridiculously tasty. It might be terrible for you, but it tastes amazing. I'm not going to a superbowl party to eat salad.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
To the people whining about Brock’s endorsements…

giphy.gif

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Cool to hear, but 20-20 hindsight and all that. I'll bet there would be a major switch up on every draft redrawn at a similar time in the post season.
Some guys click, some guys peaked in college, and some get unexpected breaks. Brock probably would not have risen much (if at all) if either of the QBs ahead of him had stayed healthy.
These type of articles get published every year. Also popular is the revisit a draft 3 years later to see if a team deserved the "grade" they got on their draft.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
These type of articles get published every year. Also popular is the revisit a draft 3 years later to see if a team deserved the "grade" they got on their draft.
Yeah...that was what I was talking about. Cool to see our guys outperformed expectations...but it's probably common for those changes to occur all over the revised drafts.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames

FYI - I had previous mentioned in an earlier post that Purdy didn't need surgery - that was my bad because I can't read. He doesn't need Tommy John, just another lessor one for the internal brace. That post has been edited for clarity.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Surprisingly detailed video.

Having watched the video, I now feel fully qualified to perform this procedure despite having no formal training whatsoever. Please let Brock know my calendar is open.
This is why I come to CF. So much expertise on any subject you can imagine.;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SeventhSon