49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
My thoughts.
  1. Brock is young and should recover well, but man, this is way too close to "career ending" for comfort.
  2. Sadly, this probably forces the niners to assume that Brock won't be ready week 1.
  3. F*** Reggie Bush.
H

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
A Rookie QB with a ruptured UCL still plays to give his team an opportunity. They lose, but I highly doubt Brock loses the locker room and a future opportunity. Most players (minimum deals and above), are not even on the field if that happens to them. Guts! Cyclone tough! I feel bad for him as we all know he just wanted an opportunity. The game didn't start off the best and snow balled, but we have also seen the 49ers and Brock weather the early storm before and still win.

Good luck Brock on your recovery! Trust the process!

Exactly. Brock coming back into the game was a huge win for him in the locker room. He couldn’t stay on the sideline and not try to go. It’s just a terrible look in that situation. By getting out there, he helped himself a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not to mention the pain that follows the sport when done. Not that I really want to talk about Favre, bar the person he is, but bring up oftentimes he could barely walk off the field. He played injured after a vikings game and played hurt all of the time. Same with Rodgers. He played 1/3 of a season with a hurt leg, bruised ribs and a hurt thumb. Sometimes those can have lasting effects with nerve damage and tendon ligament issues for life. The health issues post play are real and fans don't hear about that quite as often.
They deserve the money they make, and a good union. Especially the lower dollar players.

Reactions: 4theCYcle

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not gonna lie, I’m a little pissed off about Iowa State finally having two big names in the NFL this year and both got derailed by significant injury. Feel terrible for them but hope they both come back strong next season.
Beat me to it. I feel the same.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm willing to take any and all bets you want to make that Brock does not take SF to the NFC Championship game next year.
Wouldn't that be nice?

At this point I'm just hopeful he has the best medical care and surgeon, and has a great recovery.

If anyone can come back it's Brock, and Breece too.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm willing to take any and all bets you want to make that Brock does not take SF to the AFC Championship game next year.
You will win. SF cant play in the AFC championship game.... ever.
200w.gif
Thanks for the little bit of levity here! Can't hurt.

I hate the English language sometimes.
Wouldn't that be nice?
LOL

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Absolutely could. Not hard to imagine the Niners now going back to Trey Lance to start next season.
I've seen ~6 month recovery time for the proceedure the team wants for Purdy, and we're just about 7 months out from the start of the season. I don't think it would be surprising at all to see Lance start the season, but he's going to be playing with a very short leash and will know it. Unless he takes a giant leap in the offseason and looks far better than he has, Purdy will get his shot again before long.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I've seen ~6 month recovery time for the proceedure the team wants for Purdy, and we're just about 7 months out from the start of the season. I don't think it would be surprising at all to see Lance start the season, but he's going to be playing with a very short leash and will know it. Unless he takes a giant leap in the offseason and looks far better than he has, Purdy will get his shot again before long.

Can't ignore the draft capital they gave up to get Lance too. If you have a healthy Super Bowl winning QB coming back in Purdy, its easy to keep Lance as the backup. Unfortunately the absolute worst case scenario for Purdy happened and now the 49ers will likely go into camp with Lance as QB1 again.

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
Reggie Bush is a POS. If he had even an ounce of goodness in him he would be issuing Brock an apology.

Bush telling others how to be tough and be a man is hilarious. He’s as soft as they come. D-bag.
Reggie Bush has two claims to fame in his “career”. In no particular order, 1.) the only person ever forced to vacate a Heisman Trophy Award (impressive since not even O.J. can say this), and 2.) was a long term boy-toy for …ahem..”noted celebutante” Kim Kardashian. Not exactly a stellar résumé to be casting dispersions on others.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Interesting take on The Drive yesterday with whoever it was Heather and Sean had on that has been their 49ers person. He threw out the idea that it would now make sense to bring in Tom Brady on a 1 year deal with the injury questions with Lance and Purdy. Let them be mentored for a year under him as the roster is built to win right now then in a year when both are fully healthy let them battle it out for the starting job. He didn't seem too optimistic that Lance is recovering as fast as they hoped from his injury and the 49ers had pretty much penciled in Purdy a QB1 for next year until this injury. Rogers was another name discussed but the problem there will be cap hit any team that trades for him as well as the draft picks you'd lose for a rental.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
A Rookie QB with a ruptured UCL still plays to give his team an opportunity. They lose, but I highly doubt Brock loses the locker room and a future opportunity. Most players (minimum deals and above), are not even on the field if that happens to them. Guts! Cyclone tough! I feel bad for him as we all know he just wanted an opportunity. The game didn't start off the best and snow balled, but we have also seen the 49ers and Brock weather the early storm before and still win.

Good luck Brock on your recovery! Trust the process!
#Farmstrong #AHF #CaseIHRedzone