49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
ESPN just has to flash a big headline that Purdy is now 7-1 as a starter. Yeah, yesterday should count as a legitimate start . What a bunch of idiots.
QBWINZ! :jimlad:

He played more in the Miami game they won that he didn't start, but sure throw this on his permanent record since he started.

Reactions: khardbored

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
That was a good informative video.

Not that it really matters at this point, but it also appeared that Purdy’s arm was just starting to move forward, which means it should have been an incomplete pass. And if that is true somehow the refs missed that even after reviewing it.
I thought it was strange at the time that it was overturned, considering the arm had clearly moved forward a good bit before his arm got smacked (and before his arm catapulted the ball downfield). I mean, contact was when brock's arm was almost 90 degrees. To my eyes, the final review shot clearly showed that the ball had started moving forward again. I always thought the "wind up" ended and the "throw" began when the ball reached farthest backwards in the throwing motion.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That's a serious injury to come back from as a quarterback. Hopefully Tommy John isn't necessary.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Boy, a lot of people look dumb right now questioning his toughness.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and starting under center week 1 next year.

Yeah the postgame presser last night was kinda gross with the media questioning immediately after the loss. But he handled it like a pro.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think that Purdy will start next season with Tre as the backup. The team is Purdy’s, not Tre’s…yet.

The wild card may be brining in Brady to man the helm for a season or two.

I just hope Brock can get back to the AFC Championship game, win and make it to the Super Bowl. His low salary might allow SF to afford all the stars they’ve collected on both sides of the ball for another season or two.

Lastly, my stone cold lock prediction for the ‘23-‘24 NFL season: Johnson will retire.
I'm willing to take any and all bets you want to make that Brock does not take SF to the AFC Championship game next year.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Just awful news. Tommy John is 12+ months of recovery time. Hopefully he doesn’t need it.