49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
You obviously missed the 1979-80 (January) NFC Championship game won by the L.A. Rams over the Tamp Bay Bucs 9-0. The Rams were 9-7 in the Regular Season that year, and they decided to score just 9 points in the NFC Championship Game @ Tampa!

Are you 70? I’m sure most people on here missed that game.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I agree completely! That's why I want to see him gone.

Jets are talking about giving away 2 first round picks... I'd do that in a second if I'm GB.
Well yeah but then we'd still use the picks on D rather than trying to build a competent O. I don't think Love is the future - but even if you assume he is, there are huge holes around him that even Rodgers in his MVP years couldn't overcome.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
There will be plenty offered to the packers for Rodgers.
I'm not sure how true that is. He can't be viewed as much more than a one year rental, at this point. If a team offered a 2nd rounder, the Packers should jump all over that.

• Dumb
Reactions: clonedude

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Well yeah but then we'd still use the picks on D rather than trying to build a competent O. I don't think Love is the future - but even if you assume he is, there are huge holes around him that even Rodgers in his MVP years couldn't overcome.
Exactly this.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We? I thought you were an Eagles fan?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I thought from the way Purdy got hit, that he might have a fracture on his forearm. He just said a few minutes ago they're gonna do an MRI tomorrow.

I'm wondering why they didn't x-ray his arm at half time. Don't most (or all?) NFL stadiums have x-ray facilities?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Not quite, but I was a kid.
onion-belt.gif

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm not sure how true that is. He can't be viewed as much more than a one year rental, at this point. If a team offered a 2nd rounder, the Packers should jump all over that.
I have to agree. The only way it would be a first round pick would be if you had everything else you needed to compete for a SB immediately next year. If not, you're likely drafting a QB as part of your rebuilding anyways or just did and are building around him.

I've seen people talk about the Jets being one of those teams, but I haven't looked at their roster and draft stock enough to know how likely it really is. If they really had 2 1st round draft picks and were only needing a QB, I could see them getting somebody like Carr or Jimmy G much cheaper and still having the draft capital to build for the future.

The Colts are another big talking point but I stopped giving a **** about them once they got rid of Manning.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I have to agree. The only way it would be a first round pick would be if you had everything else you needed to compete for a SB immediately next year. If not, you're likely drafting a QB as part of your rebuilding anyways or just did and are building around him.

I've seen people talk about the Jets being one of those teams, but I haven't looked at their roster and draft stock enough to know how likely it really is. If they really had 2 1st round draft picks and were only needing a QB, I could see them getting somebody like Carr or Jimmy G much cheaper and still having the draft capital to build for the future.

The Colts are another big talking point but I stopped giving a **** about them once they got rid of Manning.
Jets would be idiots to give 2 first round picks for Rodgers. They are a young, talented team but their "window" as a Super Bowl team just isn't there yet.

I dont know how adding Rodgers for a year or two gets them past Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow in the playoffs.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We? I thought you were an Eagles fan?
Eagles are my life long #1 NFL team. Packers are second. Since people always find it weird I have two teams, here's the background...

I loved watching Cunningham at Philly (my first years watching any Pro sports) and they became my only NFL team. I had an Eagles winter Starter jacket before an ISU one by a year.

After them, I typically like teams while they have a player I really like/respect. Example: Colts were that with Peyton - rooted for them as if they were my #2. Then he went to Denver so I stopped giving a **** about Indy and took up the Broncos as #2.

When it was unknown if Peyton would come back, I really started liking Rodgers and Matthews so the Pack became a #2 (Denver then joined them for a short period).

With that said, Eagles are #1. Packers are #2, and then it just comes down to liking and disliking other teams - but not in the "we" or "my team" sense.

Clear as tar? :)

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jets would be idiots to give 2 first round picks for Rodgers. They are a young, talented team but their "window" as a Super Bowl team just isn't there yet.

I dont know how adding Rodgers for a year or two gets them past Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow in the playoffs.
Fully agree. I think they have a bright future so if you have that much draft capital, you get the absolute best QB using those picks. Get the rookie contract pricing to help continue building that young team.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree completely! That's why I want to see him gone.

Jets are talking about giving away 2 first round picks... I'd do that in a second if I'm GB.
If Rodgers is gone it means a complete rebuild. The dead cap is about 2x his salary. Basically we would have to start cutting everyone not on their first contract and just throw in the towel for a year to get out from under the mess.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Watching the momentum dissolve from that franchise over the past decade has been a slow motion car wreck.