49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Close to 1,500 passing attempts in close to 4 full years as a starter college is a lot of experience. That gets really overlooked on some of these can't miss prospects like Justin Fields. Field's only logged a little over 600 passing attempts in college and about that many as a pro. Purdy has done it over and over again, so it should haven't been a huge surprise the he was able to execute right away in the pros.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Link from above article. Sorry if this has already been posted, but I found this really fascinating and did not know about this pre-draft work he was doing.

@StClone

What you quoted (in post #3560) was from twincyties' SI link (which I've linked here, above).

[I think by default Reply drops out the embedded link, why twincyties' post dropped out.]

What I linked (which is in your post) relates to what that SI article said about work related to Brock's throwing technique -- and my comment about Brock's father being a former minor league pitcher.

It was posted before, but anyone who hasn't read it should read the SI article. It's really good.

Last edited:

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Close to 1,500 passing attempts in close to 4 full years as a starter college is a lot of experience. That gets really overlooked on some of these can't miss prospects like Justin Fields. Field's only logged a little over 600 passing attempts in college and about that many as a pro. Purdy has done it over and over again, so it should haven't been a huge surprise the he was able to execute right away in the pros.

The flip side which has been mentioned by a few media people is 4 years worth of mistakes. Scouts have more tape to analyze and see more mistakes. It's BS, but it happens. I see it in basketball just as much.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Niang Tweet:

“Brock Purdy’s a good friend of mine. … I hope Brock does well, but obviously I like living and breathing, so I want the Eagles to win.”

Is this an indication that Eagles fans are a dangerous bunch...more so than most fans?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Niang Tweet:

“Brock Purdy’s a good friend of mine. … I hope Brock does well, but obviously I like living and breathing, so I want the Eagles to win.”

Is this an indication that Eagles fans are a dangerous bunch...more so than most fans?
When they call Philly the city of brotherly love, it's said sarcastically.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Eagles are my team and Purdy is my guy. Going to be a super exciting win and horrible loss at the same time either way.

Reactions: StClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
  • Agree
Reactions: twincyties

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It has been a long time since I have been this excited for an NFL game, even the playoffs. Anyone else who is a Vikings fan probably empathizes with lacking excitement during playoffs.

This is unprecedented where we have an Iowa State alumnus in the NFL making a difference at as a starting QB in the NFC championship! I never thought I'd see the day this happened.

Brock deserves a special thanks just for making this meaningful and exciting for all of us.

My college roommate is a diehard Eagles fan they've had season tkts in their family for a long time. I've been letting this sleeping dog lie. I did a quick text with him and asked him last wk if he was cheering for Purdy. He said I'll never cheer for the Cowboys. So not a real rousing endorsement.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wonder if Campbell will be in Philly for the game? With Brock starting on one side, and him being old teammates and coaching colleagues with Sirianni, it would make sense for him to be there.

I'm guessing he won't be up in level 300 (or whatever that field calls their nosebleeds)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Niang Tweet:

If I had to guess the raider fans are the worst, but the Eagle fans did throw snowballs at Santa Claus one yr. There are tons of videos of poor behaving NFL fans I don't think any particular team has a corner on stupid when it comes to their fan base.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
When they call Philly the city of brotherly love, it's said sarcastically.
I lived there and can tell you the caricature of their fan base is pretty accurate. All of them? Of course not. But the bad ones are every bit as bad as you imagine. I saw $hit at an Eagles-Giants game that is beyond disgusting. Stuff where if Iowa State fans saw another Iowa State fan doing it to someone in Hawkeye gear they would kick the $hit out of them. People there turn a blind eye because they’re literally afraid for their own safety.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
FS1 is replaying ISU (Purdy) vs OU (Hurts) from 2019 if anyone is interested. Incredible comeback, 2 point conversion was a bummer (I liked the call).

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Purdy didn't have gaudy stats, but he did he one very important stat. 0 INT. He also made the throws in the most important moments and gave SF the lead. He played great. Don't listen to the talking heads.

Philly has really good defensive backs and a very good defense overall. This will be his hardest assignment yet. See if he can keep the dream alive.
Echo this. Purdy was solid last week. He made several good throws on 3rd down to move the sticks and had no picks, despite a dominant pash rush by the Cowboys. I don’t really care about all the metrics, he certainly passed the eye test last week and led his team to a win.

Reactions: CyCloned