49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If Rodgers is gone it means a complete rebuild. The dead cap is about 2x his salary. Basically we would have to start cutting everyone not on their first contract and just throw in the towel for a year to get out from under the mess.

I have no idea how the dollars work, but I've seen plenty of sites on the internet that indicate it would be smart for the Packers to trade Rodgers now. Actually it sounds like it would have been smarter last year, but this year would be better than next year.

But as I said, I have no idea how the dollars all work.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no idea how the dollars work, but I've seen plenty of sites on the internet that indicate it would be smart for the Packers to trade Rodgers now. Actually it sounds like it would have been smarter last year, but this year would be better than next year.

But as I said, I have no idea how the dollars all work.
His hit to the cap is 31-32 MM for next year. If we cut or trade before 6/1, it’s 90MM dead cap.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Hate to break it to you, but the Packers are in a major rebuild no matter what we do with Rodgers IMO.
With the Packers being such a small market, and not having a franchise quarterback, (post-Rodgers) I really don’t see the future being very bright at all for Green Bay. I could be way wrong here, but I’m thinking decades of really bad teams.

• Optimistic
Reactions: huntt26 and Candide

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hate to break it to you, but the Packers are in a major rebuild no matter what we do with Rodgers IMO.
The defense is there. If they draft another receiver and lineman good enough to play, without injuries, they could compete and have a shot. Love is not the answer and after next year, he is too expensive to hold him and Rodgers so you probably need a young QB and one of them.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
The concern on 49ers reddit is he might need Tommy John surgery. Hopefully that isn't the case. Honestly pretty incredible he came back in the game at all.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The concern on 49ers reddit is he might need Tommy John surgery. Hopefully that isn't the case. Honestly pretty incredible he came back in the game at all.
Yeah, it was pretty clear that he wasn't coming back in if Johnson hadn't gotten hurt. How many times did he throw it after he came back? Maybe twice? And very short. Feel terrible for him.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Yeah, it was pretty clear that he wasn't coming back in if Johnson hadn't gotten hurt. How many times did he throw it after he came back? Maybe twice? And very short. Feel terrible for him.
Looks like twice as the box score shows he was 4/4. On the bright side, Brock Purdy 100% completion rate today.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Looks like twice as the box score shows he was 4/4. On the bright side, Brock Purdy 100% completion rate today.
That can't be right can it? Didn't brock throw one away like 50 yards away from anyone. Or was that cmc?

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
If he has a ruptured UCL, the poster on here comparing him to Jay Cutler should take a big, public mea culpa. To throw with that injury at all, I can’t imagine the pain

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
One of the longtime niners fans on my fb started a thing about how you got to play though this.

6 week recovery? Thats more then a few minutes.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
There is an old saying I’m sure many here have heard and it involves being hurt versus being injured. If you are a QB there is no “playing through” certain elbow/shoulder/hand kind of injuries. It doesn’t matter how tough you are or if they give you a needle. Some of this stuff makes it literally impossible for your arm to function the way it should.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron