49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
You boys need to be nice.

Bad, bad.
It's hard to read intent in printed form, but it seems like the distant father not wanting to give too much praise to the son he's obviously disappointed in. back-handed compliments. I know he's a silly guy, so if that's him being funny so be it, but it sounds like he's shitting on his QB1

Reactions: Bluffers

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's hard to read intent in printed form, but it seems like the distant father not wanting to give too much praise to the son he's obviously disappointed in. back-handed compliments. I know he's a silly guy, so if that's him being funny so be it, but it sounds like he's shitting on his QB1
And he's a hok. I will allow it!

Kittle does come across as self-important. Then again, I don't know the guy.
Edit: I was also just kidding.

Reactions: davegilbertson

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
It reads to me like a great TE/receiver trying to say something generous but also true about his not ready for prime time starting QB. What do you want him to do, go all "Matt Campbell?"

Reactions: 1Nation

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
It reads to me like a great TE/receiver trying to say something generous but also true about his not ready for prime time starting QB. What do you want him to do, go all "Matt Campbell?"
less is more when talking about your colleagues to the press IMO. you don't have to put your analyst cap on and break down his game.

"We're excited about his progression, looking fwd to what we can do this year"

is a lot better than the half/back-handed stuff he said. Not a big deal, just doesn't come across great.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
less is more when talking about your colleagues to the press IMO. you don't have to put your analyst cap on and break down his game.

"We're excited about his progression, looking fwd to what we can do this year"

is a lot better than the half/back-handed stuff he said. Not a big deal, just doesn't come across great.
He comes across as arrogant and thinking his own game is flawless or something. Would be much better if it came from a coach than a teammate.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
THE NOT SO GOOD

1. Quarterback Brock Purdy

Threw the most pathetic 40-yard completion I've ever seen. Malik Turner was wide open running down the right sideline -- think Kyle Juszczyk streaking downfield wide open in Tennessee last season. Purdy took a few beats to spot him. Then Purdy got everything he had into a long throw, which fluttered and died. Turner had to stop and wait for the ball to get to him, but it did after what felt like seven seconds. He looked like he was waiting for a bus.
Fran Tarkenton threw a lot of pathetic looking completions, too.