49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hammerschlagen

Feb 23, 2022
Glad to see him lead that game winning TD drive but some people need yo check their expectations.

That first pass was extremely lucky it wasn't taken back for a pick 6. The reciever was wide open and by the time the ball finally got there the defender was all over it. Throwing up wounded ducks on routine throws won't last very long in that league.

That being said, it was his first NFL action. I could see him making the practice squad and maybe getting a shot at a backup role in year 2 or 3.
There it is. Good lord let the fans be happy for the guy. No one is putting a Gold Jacket on the guy.
The niners front office should read this board so they know how bad Brock is

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
There it is. Good lord let the fans be happy for the guy. No one is putting a Gold Jacket on the guy.
The niners front office should read this board so they know how bad Brock is

There were a lot of good things he did in his drives but that the post you quoted isn’t wrong about the first throw. It was a bad throw. Glad it turned out the way it did and that he was able to shake it off because the rest of the drive was great.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
There were a lot of good things he did in his drives but that the post you quoted isn’t wrong about the first throw. It was a bad throw. Glad it turned out the way it did and that he was able to shake it off because the rest of the drive was great.
It was bad. I had a sinking feeling after that. But I wonder if it was nerves. He’s feet weren’t set right on that one if I remember correctly. Which led maybe to it not having a bit more juice on it. I’m glad he rebounded. That screen pass that that guy dropped shortly after that and let it smash him in the face mask had plenty of mustard on it!! Lol

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Yeah, but we all realize that. People are happy for the guy cheering him on, but other people just HAVE to insert the negativity to pee in the Cheerios - why?

The only people saying he's the next big superstar are obviously saying it in jest, we don't need dad to come in to tell us he isn't going to start.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Yeah, but we all realize that. People are happy for the guy cheering him on, but other people just HAVE to insert the negativity to pee in the Cheerios - why?

The only people saying he's the next big superstar are obviously saying it in jest, we don't need dad to come in to tell us he isn't going to start.
Only dad vibes I get are from the posters who get so sensitive everytime somebody points out totally legitimate criticisms of Brock's game. He might have a nice career in the league but too many throws like that one and it will be over before it starts.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The biggest "concern" I had with Brock was his height and the announcers touched on that last night as well. He doesn't have an all-pro arm, but his arm is good enough. Where I think he could shine early is being a 4 year college starter for a team that was building. That experience will be invaluable. He's played more games than most other rookies. He's seen more adverse situations than most rookies. Add to that his escapability and athleticism, and that stuff can make up for an average arm.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Glad to see him lead that game winning TD drive but some people need yo check their expectations.

That first pass was extremely lucky it wasn't taken back for a pick 6. The reciever was wide open and by the time the ball finally got there the defender was all over it. Throwing up wounded ducks on routine throws won't last very long in that league.

That being said, it was his first NFL action. I could see him making the practice squad and maybe getting a shot at a backup role in year 2 or 3.
The two point conversion was an NFL throw. I'm a huge skeptic he will be anything more than a back up and even that is a long shot. He looked pretty good last night though.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

You don’t draft a quarterback, even if it’s with the last pick in the draft, if you don’t think he has a legitimate chance at making a team. His worst case scenario for this season at least, is practice squad and probably getting called up at some point if Sudfield struggles.

Brock’s biggest weakness, his arm strength on deep throws, isn’t a big concern in this offense. He’s kind of perfectly built for what Kyle Shannahan wants to do with the offense. He does what Jimmy G does, but escapes pressure much better (that is NOT a comparison on their skill sets at this point in their careers, just playing style).

He’s going to get a fair shot this season and probably next, so I guess I’m not shocked that the same people that bashed him last season like you are in here doing the same now, because you’re angry about that.

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
Been a huge Niners fan since Montana to Clark (before that even, but everyone loves to stick it to a team from Texas), but I cannot wait until the #14 Victory Red jersey is in my possession!

Reactions: t-noah and aauummm

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Brock Purdy kind of reminds me of Joe Kapp's personality. Joe wasn't a stylish passer but he was effective and, more importantly, he was a fantastic leader willing to run into and over people if that was needed to win. Kapp was clearly a winner. Joe Kapp is the only quarterback (and maybe player) to play in the Rose Bowl, Super Bowl, and Grey Cup. I don't think that Brock will be a Joe Kapp but I think Brock will be a very important back-up that will safely steady a team when the marque quarterback is injured or having a bad day because Brock can lead a team; he's a winner. Winners win or learn, they don't lose.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Brock Purdy kind of reminds me of Joe Kapp's personality. Joe wasn't a stylish passer but he was effective and, more importantly, he was a fantastic leader willing to run into and over people if that was needed to win. Kapp was clearly a winner. Joe Kapp is the only quarterback (and maybe player) to play in the Rose Bowl, Super Bowl, and Grey Cup. I don't think that Brock will be a Joe Kapp but I think Brock will be a very important back-up that will safely steady a team when the marque quarterback is injured or having a bad day because Brock can lead a team; he's a winner. Winners win or learn, they don't lose.
If I am reading this right, sounds like Purdy may get some playing time again against MN. https://www.49erswebzone.com/articl...xpect-lance-vikings-despite-homecoming-49ers/

Reactions: isutrevman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America