306,000 alumni could turn the tide

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Can you find where I said that?

I can guarantee that other teams' NIL deals were much better offers and....yep, the kids still chose ISU.
No kidding. That is public knowledge. They wouldn't have been here for zero dollars though; hence, the need for NIL.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Well then how do know what you said is true?you’re a dirt merchant.
I have been told by the people that make those decisions. Why would they lie?

Do you really believe we pay nothing in NIL?

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Maybe our record would have been worse without the 3-4 starters that stayed?
Who cares at this point. Exposing the inevitable. Yes, I'm a Debbie downer about the state of college athletics and I'd match my past support against anybody here.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Duh.

What they make (exact amount) is private information. The fact that they make something is public information because the players admitted they did get the money. Can I be any clearer?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Who cares at this point. Exposing the inevitable. Yes, I'm a Debbie downer about the state of college athletics and I'd match my past support against anybody here.
Who cares about what? What is exposing the inevitable?

You have every right to be a Debbie downer. Everybody, other than the players, hates NIL. But it's legal. The majority of posters here applauded NIL getting approved

Our coaches want and need it to recruit and keep talent. They have said so.

It doesn't matter, imo, what your past support was. We are can private message each other to compare our private support. Big deal.

You can be a fan by giving nothing, imo.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I just received an email from The Cyclone Gridiron Club. They are a great organization for specifically football. If u are a football only fan, I recommend contributing to this organization.

Part of the message was dedicated to letting us know that the CGC will be making donations to the WeWill Collective to specifically support football players.

Great news. Good job CGC Board, and our main man at the WeWill Collective, Brent Blum!

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Since the GC is a University organization, how can they give money to NIL?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Since the GC is a University organization, how can they give money to NIL?
They have uncoupled from any relationship with the University, which now allows them to direct funds as they desire. It’s been a joy working with the GC team to make this work for the benefit of Iowa State. We are going to do many things together moving forward.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
They are not a university organization. They have a separate tax ID number.
The funds were handled by the foundation. It was not initially that way but Jamie brought it under the foundation umbrella probably 15 years ago. Tax numbers mean nothing other than separate organization requiring separate reporting. Has this changed? No more AD credits?
I would have thought it would have been addressed by the AD so everyone was aware.

Last edited:

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
The funds were handled by the foundation. It was not initially that way but Jamie brought it under the foundation umbrella probably 15 years ago. Tax numbers mean nothing other than separate organization requiring separate reporting. Has this changed?
Yes. No longer affiliated with the Foundation.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
The funds were handled by the foundation. It was not initially that way but Jamie brought it under the foundation umbrella probably 15 years ago. Tax numbers mean nothing other than separate organization requiring separate reporting. Has this changed?
They started out separate, became part of the Foundation, and as Brent said, are now on there own.

My original donations many moons ago had nothing to do with the foundation. Then it did. Now it doesn't. Their tax ID number 20 years ago(??) had nothing to do with the Iowa State University Foundation.