***#3 Iowa State at WVU (Friday)/#18 Pitt (Saturday)***

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Only concern was Coleman's energy and when he got reversed, he didn't fight to get out either night. Looked like going for a major and had to settle for a win.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Coleman..2 matches in a row of let down with bonus in the grasps

Yonger…don’t care the guy was ranked higher our guy is better but let himself check out at the end.
I agree with these points, but I’m not concerned about either guy in March. Yonger will learn. Marcus was disappointing, but I’ll take convincing wins over ranked guys as disappointing any day of the week

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
You’re right but are you seeing this with Penn State and Iowa. No! We may be #3 ranked dual team but we’re 5-12 tournament team right now. JMO.
If they need to be Penn State for you to be happy then I can’t help you.

Iowa also only won on criteria against Wisconsin recently and has had plenty of banged up guys too. We’re also not at their level right now

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Coleman..2 matches in a row of let down with bonus in the grasps

Yonger…don’t care the guy was ranked higher our guy is better but let himself check out at the end.
Don't you think you are being a bit harsh. Coleman is having an amazing year - at least to most people. And tonight, he got it done so we could win the meet.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Pitt wrestled very well tonight and they have some dudes. Getting out of there with a W was a good thing. Sam with a great match against a very good opponent.
I was very happy with the results. We were on the road and the weather out east isn't very good. Traveling and weighing in on the road is much different than being at home. The guys came through against two teams that know how to keep it close and I am so sick of guys grabbing the ankle and holding on. Carr & Marcus both out wrestled their guy. But it didn't show on the score board. Same with Johnson. Something needs to be done about the reaching back and holding on. My opinion. We are back and only sick about 174 and we need our starters back at 125. Caleb is doing great for what he is up against.

Reactions: matclone and cyputz

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Don't you think you are being a bit harsh. Coleman is having an amazing year - at least to most people. And tonight, he got it done so we could win the meet.
I will agree with you. I having definitely being picky with Marcus also, because you don't see him lay around in the down position.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
One thing that isn’t talked about enough is that Dresser wrestles to win. We aren’t trying to work on ”load management“. We aren’t sitting guys to avoid big match up’s. We show up and wrestle. We may have guys little dinged and/or mentally fatigued at times throughout the season.

I appreciate the mindset they we try to win duals every time out. Hopefully by March our team is battle tested and ready to finish strong.