***#3 Iowa State at WVU (Friday)/#18 Pitt (Saturday)***

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Big time Sam!

Love the passion on the board here, but a lot of people missing sight or the fact college wrestling is a damn long season. There are highs and lows. You can’t peak every weekend and you’re almost certainly going to be banged up at some point. We’re banged up and probably mot training to peak right now, but we keep showing character!

At the end of the day there is a lot of talent on this team and all that matters is March

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Respectfully disagree. The team as a whole wrestled better tonight. YB proved he can beat that guy providing he finishes the match. Huge win for Sam. He's on a roll!
We can disagree, and it’s a matter of opinion. From what I saw both meets were similar in a lot of ways. Just think they are all running a little bit on fumes at times. They will be fine in March I am confident in that. Just not aggressive enough imo.

Reactions: CyGold

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Big time Sam!

Love the passion on the board here, but a lot of people missing sight or the fact college wrestling is a damn long season. There are highs and lows. You can’t peak every weekend and you’re almost certainly going to be banged up at some point. We’re banged up and probably mot training to peak right now, but we keep showing character!

At the end of the day there is a lot of talent on this team and all that matters is March
You’re right but are you seeing this with Penn State and Iowa. No! We may be #3 ranked dual team but we’re 5-12 tournament team right now. JMO.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I’m very encouraged with tonight’s results. Redding looked good against a top 10 kid on a back to back weigh in, Casey got some swagger back in that third period. Hopefully that is momentum to get aggressive Casey back. Yonger had a lapse in judgement, but give me Yonger in a rematch in March. Sammy just beat the 5th ranked guy (who beat Schultz earlier this year). The main weak point from the weekend for me is honestly 174. That’s the weight I’m most concerned about right now, but love where the team is at

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Agreed I am wondering how Pitt is ranked 18th. They had three top-10 guys in the final few weights alone.
Is that their dual ranking? They'd have to be higher in tournament rankings, wouldn't they?

This weekend was a tune up for March with tough competition and back to back weigh ins. I'm sure that's how the coaches approached it.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Every match we lost, they were ranked higher than us.. 125 we are at 4th string, 133 and 141 we saw a great battle and I saw some hope from Casey, 174 is what it is right now
Coleman..2 matches in a row of let down with bonus in the grasps

Yonger…don’t care the guy was ranked higher our guy is better but let himself check out at the end.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Every match we lost, they were ranked higher than us.. 125 we are at 4th string, 133 and 141 we saw a great battle and I saw some hope from Casey, 174 is what it is right now
Thanks StuClone for bringing some sanity to this conversation. We knew coming it that we do not match up well against Pitt. I am proud of our guys for fighting hard. Yes, we saw some mistakes, but we we also saw some grit. Move on.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I thought our guys looked better at 125, 133, 141 and 174 and yet we lost all 4 of them.

They all wrestled better tonight.
Casey wrestled much better and that was good to see. Really wanted Yonger to pull that out, as I thought watching that if he didn’t wrestle a rather tentative match he would’ve won.

Reactions: cyputz and cy4state

Help Support Us

Become a patron