***#3 Iowa State at WVU (Friday)/#18 Pitt (Saturday)***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
#3 Iowa State (12-2, 5-0) at West Virginia (7-3, 1-3)
Friday, Feb. 3 | 6 p.m. CT
WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, W.Va.

#3 Iowa State at #18 Pittsburgh
Saturday, Feb. 4 | 6 p.m. CT
Fitzgerald Field House, Pittsburgh, Pa.

MATCH NOTES
Iowa State (PDF) | West Virginia (PDF) | Pittsburgh (PDF)

MEDIAISU at WVUISU at Pitt
VIDEOESPN+ACCNX **
AUDIOVarsity AppVarsity App
STATSTrackWrestlingTrackWrestling

**NOTE: If you get ACC Network through your TV provider, ACCNX can be streamed through the ESPN app. (INFO SHEET)

PROJECTED LINEUPS
Wt.IOWA STATEWEST VIRGINIAPITTSBURGH
125Fuessley / KnopickCardinaleCamacho
133ReddingRhoadsPhillippi
141SwiderskiTitusMatthews
149JohnsonHillegasBadgett
157Kraisser / RobinsonHornfeck / DowlingCasto / Keslar
165CarrHallH. Heller
174BrodersonJollAugustine
184Coleman / DevineCarmanR. Heller
197BastidaCooley / FinnertyBonaccorsi
285SchuylerWolfgramPitzer / Slinger

OPPONENT SCHEDULE NOTES
*Pittsburgh hosts North Carolina on Friday night (6 p.m. CT) on ACC Network.
*West Virginia hosts Northern Iowa on Sunday afternoon (1 p.m. CT) on ESPN+.

Last edited:

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
First time seeing Robinson as an “or” at 157. That’s interesting.

Some pretty good matches this weekend. Carr vs Hall, Bastida vs Bonaccorsi, Schuyler vs Pitzer.

The most underrated match of the weekend for me is Coleman vs Heller.
Redding vs Phillippi is hopefully also very competitive. Philippi tends to keep things close.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm really hoping the staff can get Casey's head right.
I look back at those early matches with Zargo, Woods, etc., and Casey comes out like a bull, pushes the pace, hits some nice shots and ducks and such.

Lately, he's seemed very tentative.

I don't know if Casey is still hurting, afraid of re-injury, or just in his head, but they need to figure it out this month.

He clearly works hard, has the motor, has the talent, and can make some noise if he gets back to that early-season swagger.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I'm really hoping the staff can get Casey's head right.
I look back at those early matches with Zargo, Woods, etc., and Casey comes out like a bull, pushes the pace, hits some nice shots and ducks and such.

Lately, he's seemed very tentative.

I don't know if Casey is still hurting, afraid of re-injury, or just in his head, but they need to figure it out this month.

He clearly works hard, has the motor, has the talent, and can make some noise if he gets back to that early-season swagger.
I could be wrong, but I think the 2nd period of the Woods match messed him up. Both mentally and it gave future opponents valuable information. He simple could not get out from bottom. Until he can figure out how to escape, he’s in trouble. He knows that, and is now tentative with his shots. Feels he has to be perfect with them…hit them all…or he will end up down with no shot at getting out.

That’s what I see anyway.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I could be wrong, but I think the 2nd period of the Woods match messed him up. Both mentally and it gave future opponents valuable information. He simple could not get out from bottom. Until he can figure out how to escape, he’s in trouble. He knows that, and is now tentative with his shots. Feels he has to be perfect with them…hit them all…or he will end up down with no shot at getting out.

That’s what I see anyway.

Yea likely a combination of things. This staff will get it figured out.

Getting out is a mindset. They asked Kyven how he learned during a previous broadcast a couple years back. He said he had 2 choices learn to get out or get terrorized by Jon Reader everyday. That would be enough to motivate me.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016