***#3 Iowa State at WVU (Friday)/#18 Pitt (Saturday)***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
The audio play-by-play guy (can't recall his name at the moment) was pretty upset about the Riding time issues, and he was also upset about the 2 backpoints being taken away during David's match. As for the latter, I saw the replay and the Pitt guy was calling for time before his back was driven anywhere near the mat. The backpoints should not have been awarded, and I was glad to see them waived.

Huge win for Slammin' Sammy, and I am still pumped. Kicking myself for not keeping track of match points throughout the dual. Lesson learned.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
The monitor didn’t have riding time on it to review is my understanding.

And all you who are ******** about the team’s performance please understand that winning on the road is tough. Especially in two places that were pumped up for the cyclones to come to town.

WVU had their third biggest crowd EVER for the dual last night, and Pitt was overflowing.

Then throw in trying to travel to Morgantown, cut weight, ride a bus to Pittsburgh, cut weight, it’s not easy.

I’m happy as can be with this weekend because I had Pitt winning, and winning pretty easily with our 5th string 125 and 3rd string 174 going tonight.

Enjoy the ride people. I’m old enough to remember KJ, so enjoy the ride.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The monitor didn’t have riding time on it to review is my understanding.

And all you who are ******** about the team’s performance please understand that winning on the road is tough. Especially in two places that were pumped up for the cyclones to come to town.

WVU had their third biggest crowd EVER for the dual last night, and Pitt was overflowing.

Then throw in trying to travel to Morgantown, cut weight, ride a bus to Pittsburgh, cut weight, it’s not easy.

I’m happy as can be with this weekend because I had Pitt winning, and winning pretty easily with our 5th string 125 and 3rd string 174 going tonight.

Enjoy the ride people. I’m old enough to remember KJ, so enjoy the ride.
We clearly got their best shot. They were amped up for us.

From their release:
"Nino stayed the course and finally broke through," Gavin said. "He wrestled a great match against a very high-level wrestler. It wasn't easy to score against his stingy defense, but persistence paid off. He loved that he got to face Yonger tonight. He wanted that challenge and embraced it. That's a big deal."

This Friday it’s going to be more of the same. Last year in Cedar Falls I’m certain sticks in their craw. We have to be on our A game.

Reactions: pancake

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Every match we lost, they were ranked higher than us.. 125 we are at 4th string, 133 and 141 we saw a great battle and I saw some hope from Casey, 174 is what it is right now
Agreed, Pitt is stingy and well-coached. They match up well with us. We should not overreact to a couple of tough duals on the road in early Feb. This is a long race, and peaking in March matters so much more.

Reactions: jkbuff98