2nd most Big 12 football wins since 2017

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
ISU is 1 win ahead of of Texas the last 3.5+ seasons. Tech, TCU, KSU, OSU, WVU all had a 3-6 type season recently, while ISU has posted 5 and 6 conference wins each year. ISU & KSU are the only B12 teams to beat OU twice since 2017. Texas beat OU once since 2017. That's it. That's the list of OU's losses.

An appropriate parallel that may resonate with you was the Hoiberg/Prohm years. Either a 5 or 6 year run where ISU had the 2nd most Big 12 wins. Due in part to ISU's consistency, but all other notable programs having at least 1 down year. I think ISU also had a stretch where they split 12 games vs KU. No other program in that span was remotely close to that. The next best was 2 or 3 wins vs KU. Keep in mind we had our share of frustrations during that time, but looking back its filled with great memories.

ISU is certainly going through a historic period with football. While outsiders can view ISU's football success however they want, I know what its meant to us and just how good ISU had to be to reach this point, and I know what its like to want more.

I'm excited for today, BUT optimistically cautious. If any fanbase in the US deserves a win today, its us! But as Clint Eastwood pointed out in The Unforgiven right before he shot Gene Hackman in the face... "deserve has nothing to do with it". :cool: If ISU doesn't get the win today, I believe ISU will be OK. We'll be OK! A recent podcast from Blum & Williams was a stark reminder that a few years back the expectations was to go to 2-3 bowl games in a 5 year stretch. That seems foreign now. Don't let the barking dogs on social media concerning negative aspects about ISU & Campbell tarnish these good times.

There's something to be said for long term 8-4ish type coaches. Gundy, Leach, Ferentz, Paul Johnson, Fitzgerald, etc got their programs to consistently rattle off 7-8-9 wins, and with that continued success eventually opens the door for 10+ wins. What Campbell has built and is doing is obviously is working. More importantly the sustained success looks like it's here to stay based on what those coaches have done.

Enjoy the journey.
Savor the wins.
Relish the fight.
Onward to Dallas!

Last edited: