Comet Neowise

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
what time do you need to look at night to see it in Iowa?
From channel 13 (Des Moines) Twitter: From Des Moines, Comet Neowise will be located and visible tonight: 10:13 PM - 10:17 PM appears 0.3° above low NW horizon and tomorrow morning: 3:10 AM - 4:21 AM reaches 6.9° above low NE horizon.. that is if not cloudy!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Anyone ever notice with meteors, comets etc..that they are always falling down or from top to bottom? Why is it we never ever see a meteor coming from below going North?

I mean we are this ball spinning in many directions in a 3D universe... Why have we never seen meteors shooting up from the horizon up?

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
Anyone ever notice with meteors, comets etc..that they are always falling down or from top to bottom? Why is it we never ever see a meteor coming from below going North?

I mean we are this ball spinning in many directions in a 3D universe... Why have we never seen meteors shooting up from the horizon up?
It’s all science, man.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
I was wondering what the h3ll that was the other morning while walking the dog.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008

The projector that displays the comet doesn't allow these to move that direction.

:Jimlad

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does anyone know if there's been any good video or pics that they've gotten from the Space Station?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Went out again this morning. It was cloudy so you could only get a few glimpses of it. I figured I could at least get some photos of the sunrise while I was out. Haven't looked at them on the PC yet to see if any were worth while.
Judging by the photo in that tweet above I needed to be out much earlier. Not sure when it will be visible in the evenings at this point. Guess I should try to look that up.

Reactions: Turn2

Help Support Us

Become a patron